Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else get tired of CONSTANTLY defending the sport of BOXING??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else get tired of CONSTANTLY defending the sport of BOXING??

Out of my circle...I'm the only DIE HARD Boxing fan..you have other casuals...even some who were DIE HARD themselves (from the Tyson, Hagler, Hearns, Leonard, etc era) but for obvious reasons fell off..

Now I'm always talking boxing..making analogies, comparisons and even bragging..

but I always seem to get cornered when **** like this Mayweather-Pacquiao comes about..

now everyones looking at me like..why is Mayweather such a *****, he's a coward..and I've been one to brag and claim he beats Pac..not so sure anymore..his claims have made it to ESPN and he's looking like a ***** to the ENTIRE WORLD..and he asks why he isn't respected as a boxer?!..

But that's not the only thing...this tournament is buzzing as well..but why if there's no cuts or injuries are these fighters needing 6 or so months to fight?..by then people lose interest or if they aren't die hard fans they forget about the last fight..I mean is 6 mths really necessary after an 8 week camp and a 45 min fight to recover?..I think 3 mths is enough to keep it moving unless of course there's injuries..

one more thing is..an obvious one..the ones KILLING the sport one fight at a time...THE PROMOTERS...Top Rank and GBP won't let their fighters fight any risks..it's either with each other or they keep it in house..and then they try and justify it with the numbers saying other fighters aren't draws..everyone asks me..how come Cotto has never fought Mayweather..and I tell them because of the issues between Cotto's promoter and Mayweather..and they claim he's scared and it's an excuse not to fight Cotto..these are CASUALS too!!...lol...

and it seems like it's atleast twice a month where they come at me with some inexplicable **** that even I CAN'T STAND about the sport to try and prove why MMA is better or other sanctioned sports..and I have nothing to reply with..because it's true..this sport is now infested with ***** duckers, greedy and ****ty promoters, and 2yr vacations in between bouts..

So am I really the only one?!..I can't be!

The sport doesnt evolve around Pacquiao and Floyd.

The sport is fine.

Dirrell vs. Ward for starters.

Comment

No. I don't waste my time trying to defend it to non fans, it's their loss, plain and simple. Whoever chooses not to watch it is missing out on what I feel is the best sport in the world. Plenty of bull**** involved, but I still get entertainment out of boxing I can't see anyone getting from any other sport. The bulk of the people I know watch it and like it, so it's all good. The ones that don't? Hey, to each his own.

Comment

I'm in Chicago..you're in Michigan..people may slightly know about Dirrell..not here..

I can boast about the upcoming bout of Dirrell-Ward with my friends..and they'll look lost..because I can almost GUARANTEE they've never heard or seen neither one of them..

So Pacquiao-Mayweather are LEADING by example..and giving the entire sport a bad rep..worse than the one it already has..

Comment

no...........war boxing!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MurderDeathKill View Post
            No. I don't waste my time trying to defend it to non fans, it's their loss, plain and simple. Whoever chooses not to watch it is missing out on what I feel is the best sport in the world. Plenty of bull**** involved, but I still get entertainment out of boxing I can't see anyone getting from any other sport. The bulk of the people I know watch it and like it, so it's all good. The ones that don't? Hey, to each his own.
            But it's one of those things you wished a little more people were in to...just so you can have great boxing debates with someone who KNOWS what they're talking about outside of Boxing Forums..

and while they do come with some positive notes about some great fights I've recommended them to go see..the politics alone KILL the vibe for them and they back out..

Comment

Nah most of my friends like boxing or at least have a passing interest in it. Never spoken to anyone outside of the occasional MMA fanboy who had a bad word to say about the sport as a whole.

Comment

Michigan is a big boxing state, but when I go back home im surrounded by mma dip****s and people who only watching football/basketball.

Comment

when u cnt get ur sports two best athletes to compete against each other, its very embarassing.

Comment

Originally posted by Eyesolated View Post
                    But it's one of those things you wished a little more people were in to...just so you can have great boxing debates with someone who KNOWS what they're talking about outside of Boxing Forums..

and while they do come with some positive notes about some great fights I've recommended them to go see..the politics alone KILL the vibe for them and they back out..
                    It's all about who you're actually talking to. All the people I talk boxing with outside of this site are longtime fans, usually lifelong fans. You're not gonna get serious discussions on the sport with kids who just caught on in the last 3 years. Everybody who's really informed on boxing and not just their favorite fighters don't let the politics of the sport ruin their appreciation for it. I do wish more people liked it but I won't waste my time on the guys who don't. They can go watch MMA for all I care if they won't give boxing a try.

Comment

Working...
                    X