Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Cotto would've kept his composure and kept doing what he was doing in the first

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Cotto would've kept his composure and kept doing what he was doing in the first

....two rounds. I think he may have had a decent shot at an upset, hmm.

Things went downhill for Miguel in the 3rd round, where he got kd'd. It's like the famous Mike Tyson quote, "Everyone has a plan, until they get hit". Well, Miguel got rocked. And from there, he forgot about the jab.

Cotto decided to go for broke in the third and just tried to come at PAC from then on and paid a severe beating for it.

Maybe, Maybe not. But he did abandon his jab and went wild and paid for it!

Comment

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
      Maybe, Maybe not. But he did abandon his jab and went wild and paid for it!
      In your sig, he was underdog against Quintana, how come he's not there?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Jesus View Post
        In your sig, he was underdog against Quintana, how come he's not there?
        I didnt made that, I stole it, lol!!!

I agree it should be 6 elite fighters in 2 and a hal years!!!!

Comment

He became overconfident in his strength, size and power. He didn't think that this former featherweight could bang with him and he was wrong. After he got hurt that first time and I'm talking about the second knockdown, he realized he was in with someone that could really hurt him and he lost his composure.

Comment

pac said he was trying to get hit in first...

Comment

He rocked manny with a couple of uppercuts but he hardly ever threw them
              I was yelling for the jab and uppercuts
              oh well
              good job manny congrats and miguel you will live to fight another day

Comment

Originally posted by BOX-A-LOT View Post
                ....two rounds. I think he may have had a decent shot at an upset, hmm.

Things went downhill for Miguel in the 3rd round, where he got kd'd. It's like the famous Mike Tyson quote, "Everyone has a plan, until they get hit". Well, Miguel got rocked. And from there, he forgot about the jab.

Cotto decided to go for broke in the third and just tried to come at PAC from then on and paid a severe beating for it.
                You beat me to the thread but yes , nice observation , now people are going to come in here and say ohh!!! Cottards!!!! , but reality is Cotto did an excellent job of neutralizing Mannys's speed and attack in the first and I am sure he could have done that through out the fight , He forgot his jab , he forgot how fast Pac is ,he forgot to use defense. he got cocky from winning the first round and he tought he could bully Manny. He could have broken him down and gone for the ko , but he went for the kill too fast , and manny was to fast. He has the right tools. I wanted to give Joe Santiago credit and the benefit of the doubt but he showed how inexperienced he is , After the second which was a more productive round for Manny I would have told Cotto , keep jabing , look for ur spots , dont exchange , cuz he will beat u to it. And that speed+schock= power shots of Manny really made the difference. I know Cotto has the tools to beat him , and he had the right plan , but forgot to execute it completely. Mannys speed is ****ing crazy. The way to beat Manny is counter smart , pick ur spots , dont waste shots , dont leave urself open when u throw , and u have the fight, cuz Manny leaves himself wide open for big shots. And Cotto landed his share , and Manny admitted he was stunned by some shots , but he acted like if he wasnt , good fight tho , Cotto looked desperate as if he wanted to prove he was the bigger stronger , but u cant do that against this kind of speed. He needed to be smart , and his strenght would have shown all by itself. I believe he had and still has a shot to beat Manny. If he gets another shot????? Only god knows!!!

Comment

He got over whelmed by a great fighter , when you lose its a transition unless you get koed but a beat down like that , Cotto was not in Mannys class and was under severe pressure just to keep pace its like knowing you gunna get it and cant stop it from happening , there was nothing Cotto could have done , Manny was just so much better !!

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                    He rocked manny with a couple of uppercuts but he hardly ever threw them
                    I was yelling for the jab and uppercuts
                    oh well
                    good job manny congrats and miguel you will live to fight another day
                    ya I was screaming at the same time too for those shots.

Especially when Manny would cover up with the clottey defense,

Maybe even a st8 right hand down the middle.

But oh well.

Manny got the best of him.

Comment

Working...
                    X