Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why the f.uck do they have a statue in Philly Rocky and not a real philly boxer.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] Why the f.uck do they have a statue in Philly Rocky and not a real philly boxer.

They need to take down that damn statue and Put a real Philly fighter like R.I.P Joe Fraizer. The Rocky movies were great but did have to make a statue for it. Joe Fraizer should be up there. R.I.P

PPl would prefer to look at a statue of a white man.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
      Sad but very true.

Comment

Coz theres a statue of Rocky in the film. Probably thought it was life imitating art imitating life.
        The statue isnt intended to represent boxing. Plus its a tourist attraction. Plus the Rocky films are more popular than any real Philly fighter.

Comment

yanks are stupid thats why...........

Comment

reported 4 racism.

Comment

idk but it would be nice to pay tribute to the real legend

Comment

Well, the statue was made for Rocky 3, and paid for by the movie and not the city. The statue was removed from the Art Museum's steps because it was a movie prop and not art. They then moved it to the Spectrum, then back to the grass by the museum.

So in the city's defense they never built the statue then put it up, but just embraced it as the movies gained popularity and used it as a tourist attraction.

With that said though Joe deserves a statue, and deserved it long before he died. It is ridiculous he still hasn't got one.

Comment

Originally posted by triggerhapppy View Post
                  Sad but very true.
                  Is that really the best answer the two of you could come up with come on i know Rocky is just a movie and i hear ya about the statue but because hes white really?

Comment

Lemme guess, you have George Cotton on your facebook?

Comment

Working...
                    X