No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Gary Russell Will Become Another Andre Berto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arum: Gary Russell Will Become Another Andre Berto

The promoter Bob Arum continued his verbal assault on the undefeated featherweight Garry Russell Jr., saying on Tuesday that Russell should never have been allowed to fight an eight-round bout against a lackluster opponent, like he did on Saturday, on HBO because it “hurts the brand.” Arum also took aim at Andre Berto, who won the IBF welterweight title against Jan Zaveck on Saturday, condemning the way he’s been developed by his handlers. As a result, Berto will “never amount to anything special,” according to Arum. Berto and Russell both fought on Saturday on HBO. [Click Here To Read More]

I really don't agree with Arum's statements. Gary Russell isn't a boring fighter. Wow, harsh man. Hope Gary Russell moves forward and not be affected. Gary Russell ain't even a champion to warrant such bad statements.

NOTE
    The video below is my sig since we can't put music videos or any videos for a sig.

Comment

I love that Max Kellerman called out Al Haymon!! He deserves it!
      Al Haymon is one of the most powerful businessmen in boxing, yet when you google this guy, you can hardly find anything!! Shelly Finkel who is or was another powerful boxing manager is easy to look-up, but not Haymon.

Haymon never speaks to the media...no photos, no details, nothing!! That usually means his business practices could be highly suspicious...could be hiding from the crosshairs of the IRS or maybe something worse.

Comment

Gary Russell actually has skills.

Comment

i personally like russell. viva al haymond.

Comment

Arum needs to STFU, these Pac-man circus act fights are hurting the sport more than anything! And stop hating on Berto because he gets paid well and you've been robbing Manny.

Comment

My goodness, so sayeth the man that had 3 worthless ppv's involving the best fighter in boxing in a row right? Arum is a walking contradiction. He should go a croak already, ridding us of his cancerous business. Russell beats the **** outa gamboa in a year, that's why he's talking ****.

Comment

i agree with the part that he shouldnt have fought in an 8 rounder on HBO against subpar comp. The same with Berto. Berto was made up. He never should have been the WBC champ so soon in the first place.

Comment

The sooner the bitter miserable old Jew dies, the better for boxing.

Arum knows how to build a fighter at the expense of the TV networks and the paying punters, it's all about his pockets and milking it. Milking it and schooling are two different things you fat pig.

Comment

I wonder what kind of career Russell has ahead if he's already fighting 8 rounders because of hand problems.

Comment

Working...
                    X