SHORT INTERVIEW: PAUL WILLIAMS - "I done proved myself"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SHORT INTERVIEW: PAUL WILLIAMS - "I done proved myself"

By Michael Walters

What do you think about Martinez getting a shot at Pavlik after you tried to make the fight two or three times?

PW:I wish him all the best of luck. It's a big fight and he needs to go and do his thing. I can't be mad, if it was me I would be happy for it. May the best man win.

MW: When can we expect to see you in the ring again and who are you going to fight?

PW: It's looking like it's going to be Kermit Cintron on May 8.

MW: What weight are you going to be fighting at, you fought your last two fights at middleweight? Can you still make 147 pounds easily?

PW: If they sign a contract for 147, I can make 147. This fight right here is going to be 154.

MW: If you get past Cintron, who do you want to get in the ring with you or better yet who do you think would be willing to get in the ring with you?

PW: It ain't no if. If it was an fifth, we would be drunk out here. I look at it like, when I get past Cintron, that ain't me being angry or cocky. That's just my confidence level and when I get past Cintron, hopefully we can get one of the big name fighters in there. Maybe the winner of Mayweather/Mosely, Pacquiao or anybody. I just call out names. It's up to my manager, Al, and Dan. I don't think I deserve to fight anyone under my level or somebody up and coming. I done proved myself. You can ask anybody who they want to see fight and they say they want to see Paul fight Mayweather. They want to see Paul fight Pacquiao. They want to see Williams fight Mosely. My name is in the mix.

Williams forget 147. Wait for the winner of Martinez/Pavlik

Comment

agreed

hes way past prospects

Comment

**** it, Williams-Pac in November "make the ****in' fight happen"...

Comment

All Williams needs to do is learn how to use his reach. Once he does that, he's gonna be a tough SOB to beat. I'm not sure though if he's ever going to make the adjustments he needs if at this point he's going in with live dogs of 147-154 (160?). I think the Martinez fight showed he's a very beatable guy.

Comment

Hes gotta be careful.

If he only takes big fights he could end up like Winky or Mosley.

You don't want to be stuck on the shelf for long.

Comment

"i done proved myself"????? damn williams lol

Comment

I know Williams is way past lining up prospects but I do not agree with Williams as far as proving himself. I don't think Williams has proven a damn thing. Why does Williams keep talking about fighting at 147 when he is not going to get a a elite fight there. Just man up and realize all his future fights will be at 154 or higher and either take the heat at the higher weight classes Williams or get the **** out of the kitchen.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Pacino View Post
                  "i done proved myself"????? damn williams lol
                  Well I guess when you go through the fights with Margo and Martinez you feel accomplished.

And proven.

Comment

Stay in a division and keep winnning then I can say you done proof urself. Last fight was a gift and forget about 147, u will simply b ignored there. PAC will never fight u and neither will may. Not cause they afraid but well, outside of some hardcore fans u have u are unknown and are though of as a very tall linky and liimited boxer. Stay in 154 and plan to move up

Comment

Working...
                    X