No announcement yet.

Marquez has no business in the current 140lbs Division

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marquez has no business in the current 140lbs Division

Rios and Alvarado both came in at around 160lbs tonight. Marquez is too damn small for these guys. At his heaviest COMPETITIVE weight, he'll most likely weigh about 147 on fight night. 140 is full of Monsters right now. I hope Marquez can still make 135, if not he needs to retire, or seek a 5th fight with Manny Pacquiao or a rematch/cash-out fight with Mayweather. Rios, Garcia, Alvarado, Peterson, and Matthysse all present major problems in size, power, and youth for the future Hall of Famer.

No one at 140 beats Marquez, literally no one, he may have slowed considerably judgin' by his last fight but he's still a great devastating counter puncher, we saw Rios and Alvarado hurt each other and recover pretty well, but Marquez's killer instinct, accurate combination punching is on another level, they won't be able to recover with the same success. I don't know why you bring up fight night weight, we've always known those guys were bigger but I don't see any of that being the deciding factor.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
      No one at 140 beats Marquez, literally no one, he may have slowed considerably judgin' by his last fight but he's still a great devastating counter puncher, we saw Rios and Alvarado hurt each other and recover pretty well, but Marquez's killer instinct, accurate combination punching is on another level, they won't be able to recover with the same success. I don't know why you bring up fight night weight, we've always known those guys were bigger but I don't see any of that being the deciding factor.
      Juan Diaz had some success putting pressure on JMM, i'm sure Rios and Alvarado would cause him more trouble.

Comment

JMM arms look huge and body ripped these days.

He could beat them.

However he can get rushed too like Juan Diaz 1.

Check your eyeballs out.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
          Juan Diaz had some success putting pressure on JMM, i'm sure Rios and Alvarado would cause him more trouble.
          I agree, to a greater extent as well but in the end I see the inevitable happening. At this point, due to Marquez's age, also from a style stand point...I would avoid the Miguel Vazuqez and Abril types, and none of these Jr WWs bring any of that.

Comment

Yeah those guys are massive but i think Marquez will be able to beat them based on skill alone. His IQ and skills are much higher than these guys

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
              Yet he was knocked out. I think they could cause him some problems at first but then Marquez would adjust and beat them.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
                No one beats Marquez at 140 IF his face and body holds up.

There's only so much it will take. He's always puffed but today he puffs very easily.

I think he has a bit more in him but a sustained attack from these guys will test everything he's put his body and face through throughout his ring years.

Comment

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
                  Yet he was knocked out. I think they could cause him some problems at first but then Marquez would adjust and beat them.
                  These guys are much bigger, much tougher, much harder punching than Diaz and Katsidis, and both of those guys gave Marquez hard fights when he was younger nearer his prime weight.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                    These guys are much bigger, much tougher, much harder punching than Diaz and Katsidis, and both of those guys gave Marquez hard fights when he was younger nearer his prime weight.
                    Pacquiao was also bigger, tougher, harder puncher than Díaz and Katsidis and we all know what happened.

I think Marquez is way too smart for those guys. Lets not forget that Marquez is also stronger now, he's definitely not the small guy he was when he fought Díaz and Katsidis.

I'm not saying that they couldn't beat Marquez, but I think you would have to favor him over any of those guys.

Comment

Working...
                    X