No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Showtime Spokesman: Johnson Biggest Fight For Bute

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Showtime Spokesman: Johnson Biggest Fight For Bute

To many, Lucian Bute is the best super middleweight not in Showtime’s “Super Six” tournament. That might not matter much longer.

[Click Here To Read More]

I agree. Bute VS the Super six winner is the biggest and the most meaningful fight in the history of the division. Better than Calzaghe-Kessler. It will also crown the best super-middleweight ever.

Comment

Bute's resume sucks right now, tbh. I don't really blame him because the Super 6 did tie up a lot of potential opponents for him.

I'm a little worried about Bute's conditioning in this fight. He hasn't gone 12 rounds since 2008 and he does have a bit of a history fading in the championship rounds. Glen Johnson always has great stamina and his power+pressure make him a tough fight for anyone at 168 or 175. I still expect Bute to win a tough decision, but this won't be an easy fight for him. I wouldn't be shocked to see Johnson wear him down and stop him in the late rounds.

Comment

if Johnson is Bute's biggest fight yet, his career hasn't gone very far -- agree that he needs to start fighting the Super 6 guys and would favor him against all of them except maybe Ward...

Comment

any word on those Pac Mosley PPV numbers? i didnt think so. bwahaha

Comment

Working...
          X