No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: UK Insider: Geale-Barker Appeal; Kal Yafai;

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: UK Insider: Geale-Barker Appeal; Kal Yafai;

An appeal on behalf of Daniel Geale was heard at the IBF offices in New Jersey on Wednesday, following the Australian’s loss of his middleweight title to British challenger Darren Barker last month.

The appeal was instigated by Geale’s promoter, Gary Shaw, with Barker’s promoter, Matchroom’s Eddie Hearn, also in attendance. One of the main arguments made on behalf of Geale was the scoring in the 12th round, seen by many as one of the Aussie’s better rounds. However, two of the judges, including Carlos Ortiz Jr, awarded that final session to Barker. In the case of Ortiz, this proved decisive, as his final tally of 114-113 saw Barker winning by a single point. Had he given it the other way, Geale would have retained his title by split decision. [Click Here To Read More]

Lame appeal. Fight was close. Could of gone either way. Get over it.

Comment

Barker won the fight. Geale doesn't have a case for winning that fight.

Although the scoring of the 12th round is very shady. Especially when you consider the judge, Carlos Ortiz, was the same one who scored the fight for Ricky Burns last weekend. Seems like he may be in Eddie Hearn's pocket.

Comment

Yes could have gone either way, but in my opinion Barker
        out worked Geale despite the knockdown simple as that, get over it i agree.

Comment

Pretty nervy, considering his fights with Sylvester and Strum could have easily gone the other way, too. Frankly, I was shocked he got the decision against Sylvester. It was close, but I thought Sylvester landed more and cleaner overall.

Comment

Carlos Ortiz is definitely in someones pocket

Comment

Ridiculous. Sore losers.

Always thought Geale was a solid bloke, but this is a pus sy move.

Comment

If the IBF upholds the appeal, does that mean the result of the fight is invalid and Barker was not a world champion?

Comment

doesn't matter if he deserved the win or not, the scoring needs to be investigated. carlos ortiz needs to get his comeuppance.

Comment

Yafai deserves a British title fight. End off!!!..........

Comment

Working...
                    X