No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos/Quotes: Aoh Wins, Boschiero Screams Robbery

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos/Quotes: Aoh Wins, Boschiero Screams Robbery

Yoyogi #2 Gymnasium, Tokyo, Japan - WBC super featherweight champion Takahiro Aoh (22-2-1, 10KOs) retained his title with a tougher than expected win over previously undefeated Devis Boschiero (29-1-1, 14KOs). Aoh secured a twelve round split decision victory, with two judges scoring 115-113 in his favor, while the third judge had it 116-113 for the challenger.

[Click Here To Read More]

Japan has an awesome boxing scene! I would like to see more of their fighters come to America to fight! Not because "they have to prove themselves", but simply because I like watching them fight!

I'm going to have to find this fight on youtube and see if this really was a "robbery" or just a close fight that could have gone either way, and the home-town guy received the nod. . .

I have no problem with extremely close fights going to the home town guy - it's just another dynamic in boxing that has to be taken into account! NOT ROBBERIES1 They are never acceptable, but there is a difference. . . HUGE difference.

Comment

Sorry but I've yet to see anybody get robbed in Japan. Unless they brought over some Nevada judges then I would believe it. The Japanese people don't act like the rest , they are respectable people and true to the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Vitaminas View Post
        Sorry but I've yet to see anybody get robbed in Japan. Unless they brought over some Nevada judges then I would believe it. The Japanese people don't act like the rest , they are respectable people and true to the sport.
        This is sarcasm. It better be sarcasm.

Comment

It was a poor showing on both sides, neither fighter established themselves in the ring. I probably wouldn't even call that boxing, it looked more like a grappling match. Aoh's conditioning looked worse than ever (He's always had stamina problems) the man was breathing heavily, falling all over the place and constantly looking to hold.

Boschiero did not take advantage of Aoh's fatigue either, he too kept getting tangled up. He did push the action more but simply not enough. In these kind of cases, it's by default that the champion keeps his belt. They should definitely rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by jjbj2 View Post
            This is sarcasm. It better be sarcasm.
            no it wasn't.why?

Comment

Originally posted by Team Vitaminas View Post
              I saw a lot of robberies in Japan too.

Comment

Working...
              X