No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ward-Pavlik, Arreola-Stiverne Signed for 1/26 at Galen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ward-Pavlik, Arreola-Stiverne Signed for 1/26 at Galen

Super middleweight world champion Andre Ward will defend his title against Kelly Pavlik on Jan. 26 at the University of Southern California’s Galen Center in Los Angeles, according to Ward’s promoter, Dan Goossen.

“It’s a done deal,” Goossen told BoxingScene.com/CSNBayArea.com. “I think this is the next step of Andre’s growth as a superstar to perform live in front of the Los Angeles audience. Los Angeles has been a hotbed of boxing for many, many years, and this is a new arena and a new forum for Andre to be able to show his greatness.”
    [Click Here To Read More]

Well this isn't the worst fight that could be made...

Comment

I hope Pavlik is on every PED in the book and has loaded gloves.

Comment

Another name to put on the resume. Ward by 6 rd. Tko

Comment

Holy ****, I'm really excited for the Stiverne - Arreola fight.

Comment

Originally posted by LeftHookGarcia View Post
            Holy ****, I'm really excited for the Stiverne - Arreola fight.
            me too mate. . should be an absolute cracker of a HW fight. I got Arreola in 8.

I can't hate on Pavlik because he's taking on the best. . . Can't hate on Ward becuase Pavlik is a legitimate opponent. . . I just think Pavlik should have targeted a guy like Rodriguez first. . To at least get more confidence back, and experience against a fringe world class type guy. . . I just don't see anyway possible that he can beat Ward. He'll be lucky not to get stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
              I hope Pavlik is on every PED in the book and has loaded gloves.
              most boxers are

Comment

This could be a serious setback for Pavlik again - brave move taking this fight just yet. Wards gonna smother him - Pav will probly get cut and stopped or something later on because his chin seem decent still.

Comment

Its a total mismatch. Pavlik has had fought soft fights since Martinez, there is no way he's ready for an elite fighter yet.

Comment

WHy is Pavlik agreeing to take this fight? He could have fought a few more bums and held out for a Chavez fight or taken a fight at 168 that at least suited him stylistically. Froch is a tough fight so is Kessler but he has a chance to look good at least even if he loses or be in a good fight, Ward makes it a one sided boring technical beating or it wont be boring and Kelly gets his ass handed to him bad

Comment

Working...
                    X