No announcement yet.

A friend was dissing me in his FB page for calling his kid fat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A friend was dissing me in his FB page for calling his kid fat

Here's the story prior to his hatred on me. My friend posted his 12 year old fat kid in his FB where the pic received alot of good words from his friends. They say this boy is cute, the kid is good-looking, the kid looks well raised, etc.

Their conversation range from his kids has huge appetite, up to his social life. My friend said his son is doing good in the school because he loves studying and they don't have problem with him because he doesn't go out much and just loves playing computer.

Because he's my childhood friend I gave him an unsolicited advice through private message. I told him that his boy is cute and doing well, but sooner he is going to stage (adolescent period) where his peer will call him a loser.

I said that he should consider his son's diet and engage him in sport. All the while he responded to me that I should mind my own business. I replied to him apologizing and said that I am just reminding him what we all experience when we were growing up.

After that he shouts my name in his FB status saying that I am hating his son because he is fat.

WTF!!!

people are sensitive about their kids, myself included.

Comment

LOL.....

Sometimes the right thing to do is not do the right thing. Or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
        people are sensitive about their kids, myself included.
        I dunno bro. We grew up together like a brother. He now resides in abroad. My message with him is done in the most respectful and sensitive way (it is even in Filipino language).

I didn't even remind him how we ridicule our classmates in school and how low their self-esteem it has become.

Comment

Originally posted by led* View Post
          Here's the story prior to his hatred on me. My friend posted his 12 year old fat kid in his FB where the pic received alot of good words from his friends. They say this boy is cute, the kid is good-looking, the kid looks well raised, etc.

Their conversation range from his kids has huge appetite, up to his social life. My friend said his son is doing good in the school because he loves studying and they don't have problem with him because he doesn't go out much and just loves playing computer.

Because he's my childhood friend I gave him an unsolicited advice through private message. I told him that his boy is cute and doing well, but sooner he is going to stage (adolescent period) where his peer will call him a loser.

I said that he should consider his son's diet and engage him in sport. All the while he responded to me that I should mind my own business. I replied to him apologizing and said that I am just reminding him what we all experience when we were growing up.

After that he shouts my name in his FB status saying that I am hating his son because he is fat.

WTF!!!
          screen shot that **** on here and let us judge for ourselves......you may blurr his face if you'd like.....

Comment

Originally posted by RicDaRula View Post
            screen shot that **** on here and let us judge for ourselves......you may blurr his face if you'd like.....
            Sorry I am too lazy to do such things including the blurring of their names.

Comment

I totally laughed....

Comment

tell him: when you were young, you bullied slimmer kids than him for being fat, so stop being an oversensitive **** and take him out to run...

Comment

If you told him through message then you did nothing wrong.

Though me and my friends tell each other things in person. We do not use facebook for that, especially for serious advice. If he's your best friend, confront him about it and tell him in a good tone what you meant. It's his son so that's why he's defensive about it.

Never use facebook, text, phone to tell your friend serious advice.

Comment

To clarify[since apparently my English is terrible and word everything wrong], what I mean by serious advice is personal advice. Like how someone behaves, drinking problems, smoking problems, family problems. Leave that to talk in person. The tone in which your friend listens to your advice can show him you mean no harm.

Comment

Working...
                    X