No announcement yet.

Boxers who didn't end up broke?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxers who didn't end up broke?

Just reading about Max Schmeling and it's good to read that he lived out his years financially comfortable.

Just thought a thread on other boxers who didn't end up broke would be decent. Unfortunately there's too many boxers who end up broke after they retire but which Boxers didn't end up broke after they retired?

Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
    Just reading about Max Schmeling and it's good to read that he lived out his years financially comfortable.

Just thought a thread on other boxers who didn't end up broke would be decent. Unfortunately there's too many boxers who end up broke after they retire but which Boxers didn't end up broke after they retired?
    I think I watched online somewhere that Tito Trinidad owns a huge chain of gas stations in Puerto Rico and continues to make money through small businesses. He hasn't gone under so I imagine he's doing reasonably well for himself.

Comment

Of course Oscar De La Hoya comes to mind.

Larry Holmes and George Foreman.

Comment

The majority will be financially sound, I imagine.

You can often tell which fighters will have money problems early on; the one's who lack any type of intelligence, have huge entourages comprised of hangers on, often spend huge amounts of money on silly things etc...

Oscar is obviously the guy in terms of financially smart. In terms of current boxers, I'd put money on guys like the Klitschko's, Andre Ward, Carl Froch, Miguel Cotto, David Haye etc....they will manage their money, as they have intelligence and aren't surrounded by morons.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
          The majority will be financially sound, I imagine.

You can often tell which fighters will have money problems early on; the one's who lack any type of intelligence, have huge entourages comprised of hangers on, often spend huge amounts of money on silly things etc...

Oscar is obviously the guy in terms of financially smart. In terms of current boxers, I'd put money on guys like the Klitschko's, Andre Ward, Carl Froch, Miguel Cotto, David Haye etc....they will manage their money, as they have intelligence and aren't surrounded by morons.
          Yep, good points made.

Mayweather is guaranteed to end up bankrupt.

Comment

Sergio Martinez does very good outside the ring with investments.

Comment

Prince Naseem the guy is loaded. Invested in property in Sheffield and oil from his heritage in Yemen.

Comment

george foreman. Chavez sr.

Comment

ike quartey

Comment

Leonard, Lewis.

Comment

Working...
                    X