No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frank Warren on Frankie Gavin, Jabs Prizefighter, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Frank Warren on Frankie Gavin, Jabs Prizefighter, More

FRANKIE GAVIN is the man to lead a boxing renaissance in Birmingham.

The city has fallen a long way down the pro sport’s pecking order, despite a thriving amateur scene.

But 27-year-old southpaw Gavin definitely possesses the technical tools to become a world beater.

The welterweight has the innate instincts to improvise that you simply cannot teach from a coaching manual and, at full throttle, his speed and skill-set are breathtaking.

The man from Hall Green remains England’s only-ever world amateur champion, having captured the lightweight title in Chicago in 2007.

Next Friday, at Walsall Town Hall, I expect the pride of Brum to sizzle in his maiden defence of the British title against tough local lad Jason Welborn. [Click Here To Read More]

Gavin was like a next version of Pernell Whittaker at one point.

Comment

I wanna see Gavin fight Commonwealth champion Denton Vassell

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
        FRANKIE GAVIN is the man to lead a boxing renaissance in Birmingham.

The city has fallen a long way down the pro sport’s pecking order, despite a thriving amateur scene.

But 27-year-old southpaw Gavin definitely possesses the technical tools to become a world beater.

The welterweight has the innate instincts to improvise that you simply cannot teach from a coaching manual and, at full throttle, his speed and skill-set are breathtaking.

The man from Hall Green remains England’s only-ever world amateur champion, having captured the lightweight title in Chicago in 2007.

Next Friday, at Walsall Town Hall, I expect the pride of Brum to sizzle in his maiden defence of the British title against tough local lad Jason Welborn. [Click Here To Read More]
        Too small for WW. Lacks the mentality.

Comment

Working...
        X