Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you boxed before? How did you do? What was your style?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you boxed before? How did you do? What was your style?

Im curious on people's backgrounds here. I boxed off and on for about 15 years and had a handful of amateur fights....and did Terrible. Lol. I was always one of the better natural athletes in the gym with great power and speed at the time, but had zero stamina. Looking back now my training was always arobic instead of anaerobic and I would have little left after a round and a half.

What is your current or present boxing background (be honest). Also what style of boxer are you?

Most Posters on here are fast, with power in both hands, have the footwork of Pernell Whitaker and the chin of Doug DeWitt and would have made it big, but the stuck to disrespecting fighters on the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by SPREAD View Post
      Most Posters on here are fast, with power in both hands, have the footwork of Pernell Whitaker and the chin of Doug DeWitt and would have made it big, but the stuck to disrespecting fighters on the internet.
      Lol. I hear you. I really think that being in the ring win/lose does help you respect the guys you see on tv.

Comment

I boxed since I was 12, had a bunch of AM fights, lots of wins and lots of losses. My style? I dono I would say I prefer to box, since that is what I work on in sparring, but that is never the case. I guess I would say I am a come forward fighter with some boxing skills. Noting fantastic but far from bad. What I do know is, my left hook is not to be reckoned with...

Comment

I dont box, but when i shadow box, I'm pretty much fight like Floyd Mayweather. And I beat my shadow much like Floyd does.

Comment

boxed from 18 to 22 but was never disciplined enough to make something great out of myself

especially in the beginning to my speed, decent power and upper body atleticism gained me a lot of positive feedback in the gym only for me to find out my footwork and coordination were terrible, later my stamina got to suffer due to my newfound smoking habit

looking back my style was flashy but amateurish, kind of like how amir khan used to look. had fast hands but nor the patience nor the taught skills to set up deadly counters

Comment

Originally posted by ab4life View Post
              Lol. I hear you. I really think that being in the ring win/lose does help you respect the guys you see on tv.
              Yer you can tell the posters who have never been in a ring, and the posters who have respect for anyone who steps in the square circle, have obviously taken a punch or few.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
                I boxed since I was 12, had a bunch of AM fights, lots of wins and lots of losses. My style? I dono I would say I prefer to box, since that is what I work on in sparring, but that is never the case. I guess I would say I am a come forward fighter with some boxing skills. Noting fantastic but far from bad. What I do know is, my left hook is not to be reckoned with...
                You still active?

Comment

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
                  boxed from 18 to 22 but was never disciplined enough to make something great out of myself

especially in the beginning to my speed, decent power and upper body atleticism gained me a lot of positive feedback in the gym only for me to find out my footwork and coordination were terrible, later my stamina got to suffer due to my newfound smoking habit

looking back my style was flashy but amateurish, kind of like how amir khan used to look. had fast hands but nor the patience nor the taught skills to set up deadly counters
                  That's really the crazy thing about boxing....so many factors go into being good at it. I had good speed/ power with no stamina and lost to fighters with average speed/ power but great stamina/ heart. In your case you had power/ speed but lacked in footwork/ coordination. Challenging sport

Comment

I don't strictly box but I do some training in it. I train in Krav Maga which implements it. **** is very intense. It's funny though, after just one boxing lesson you know how to punch better than 90% of people in the world. People don't know how to fight at all.

Comment

Working...
                    X