No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rios: The Loss To Alvarado Was Blessing in Disguise

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Rios: The Loss To Alvarado Was Blessing in Disguise

Junior welterweight contender Brandon Rios discusses his first career defeat, to Mike Alvarado, and his mental focus as he moves up in weight to challenge eight division world champion Manny Pacquiao on November 23rd from Macau, China.

You’ve had tremendous success as a professional. You fought undefeated for nearly 10 years. You enter this fight in unfamiliar territory after falling to Alvarado. Will you prepare for this fight any differently than you always have? If so, how do you prepare so that you don’t completely alter approach as a fighter to the point that you’ve moved away from what has made you a success?
    [Click Here To Read More]

I love how every fighter who suffers a loss nowadays says this. It would be quite refreshing to hear, "That loss really hurt. That loss sucked. I trained hard for that fight and to lose was devastating." "Blessing" my as$

Comment

Of course it was Bam Bam... you got a multi-million payday against the best fighter in the sport while Alvarado got stuck with a maniac beast for much less lol.

I like Bam Bam though and I'm glad he got the fight. Style wise, there are few out there who can get a war going with Pac and Brandon is one of them. I've been telling people, this is a must type of fight for us fans who love wars. Bam Bam might take punishment but his valiant display will make for a sick fight.

Comment

keep in mind that alvarado had a hand injury when he was presented the idea of facing paquiao or atleast thats what he claimed at that moment so he pretty much gave up a payday only to get wrecked by provo

Comment

Originally posted by way2strong View Post
          keep in mind that alvarado had a hand injury when he was presented the idea of facing paquiao or atleast thats what he claimed at that moment so he pretty much gave up a payday only to get wrecked by provo
          Never heard this. Interesting

Comment

Well, no ****. You lost and still got a Pacquiao fight.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Great points by Rios! Best of luck bro and make that money for your family!!!

Comment

yep, it was a blessing cause Rios got the Pac lottery. He gon get paid

not to mention he is catching pac coming off a KTFO loss

Comment

Fight will be a war. Can't wait! This is as can't miss as Alvarado-Provodnikov was. HBO has been stepping it up this past month, very impressed. Showtime's December is looking real good too. Fights every weekend through December 14th.

Comment

really wanting to know if it's just trolls or if anyone seriously thinks Rios will beat pacquiao. if so, please PM me maybe we can bet some money. I want to see if anyone is stupid enough to put anything really down on rios

Comment

Working...
                    X