No announcement yet.

Moving up a weight- HELP

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving up a weight- HELP

Hey guys. Basically, a few years ago when i was boxing training i made 75kg quite easily. When i started training at my new gym a few months ago my coach asked me what weight i could make and i told him this. But, between training at my old gym and my new gym i went through a stage of weight lifting to add mass. Now, it turns out i can't make 75kg anymore without potentially damaging myself trying to make it. At the moment i'm 78kg and have slimmed right down.

Now, i've decided to add some explosive muscle and move up to 81kg (i've been sparring with a heavyweight the last couple of weeks so i don't think taking punches from light heavyweights would be much of a problem) I'm going to use the training program from Ross Ennamait's book Never Gymless. The only problem i have is with diet! Can anyone recommend a good plan for me and some good supplements to help me bulk up?

Thanks in advance!
    K

Bulking up is easy. You just have to eat more than you normally do right now, but just try to make the food you're eating is relatively clean and healthy. Don't waste your time or money on weight gainers, they are overpriced and generally filled with garbage. But I would recommend getting some whey protein.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack3d View Post
      Bulking up is easy. You just have to eat more than you normally do right now, but just try to make the food you're eating is relatively clean and healthy. Don't waste your time or money on weight gainers, they are overpriced and generally filled with garbage. But I would recommend getting some whey protein.
      I've got some whey protein somewhere from when i was lifting. D'you think i'd be ok to have a shake after boxing training aswell as after strength training?

Comment

Originally posted by CymruAmByth View Post
        I've got some whey protein somewhere from when i was lifting. D'you think i'd be ok to have a shake after boxing training aswell as after strength training?
        After strength training sure. After boxing training I'd probably do something like Gatorade or Banana. Something high in carbs/sugar and potassium. Then maybe a hour or two later have a high protein meal or a shake.

Comment

Working...
        X