Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who gets more of the credit for the 2.4 million?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who gets more of the credit for the 2.4 million?

Maybe I just dont have the same mind concept as everyone else here but I believe that Floyd personality was the reason the pbf vs dlh did over 2 million buys.

Everyone here are going to say Oscar made Floyd and Pacman famous but I think floyd personality and pacquiao fighting style made Oscar famous world wide not just within the Latino community.

Yes I know pacman and floyd barely scratch 600k in ppv buys before oscar but the difference with floyd and pacman vs oscar, is that they were world wide sensation. To me oscar wasnt. Ali was a world wide icon, same goes with Bruce Lee, michael Jordan and tiger woods. Oscar never had that appeal but floyd and pacquiao does.

Thats just my opinion.

I hope latinos dont get mad but jlo is a world wide.icon
    Last edited by nutz_n_ya_face; 07-09-2012, 03:49 AM.

Floyd's personality as well as being the best fighter in the world i'd say was a big reason why it sold so many. It was a huge promotion don't forget.

Comment

you've been trolling extra hard today......

Comment

it has gone over 2.5 million now for de la hoya vs mayweather

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
          you've been trolling extra hard today......
          You just dont wanna give a Mayweather his dues. He's and will be the PPV king.

Comment

It was seen as Oscar's last chance to reach the pinnacle of the sport, he was fighting a prime p4p #1, it was the first time Oscar had not been the betting favorite in a fight against a guy he was given a chance at beating (was given no hope vs Hopkins after the Sturm debacle the other time he was an underdog).

Other factors came into it, most notably that it was the first time 24/7 had been used to hype a fight, that was a big contributor, and it was promoted more than any other fight I can remember.

Mayweather did 325k the fight before it and fans walked out of that fight before it was over and he wouldn't have added many more fans had he fought someone else instead of Oscar. The fight after De La Hoya against his popular rival Hatton, which had been built up for years, did 920k buys.

The fight helped Floyd get a significantly bigger fanbase, but it was all about Oscar and his last legitimate shot at p4p glory. Not saying his antics during 24/7 and the promotion didn't attract any fans, but it was the 24/7 and the heavy promotion that was mostly responsible for that. We saw Mayorga in the fight before talk as good and as much trash to Oscar and they had many entertaining confrontations but they didn't have the vehicle of 24/7 and heavy promotion to get it out to as many potential buyers as possible, and of course Mayorga wasn't very good. If Mayweather had alot to do with it in being the right dancing partner, it was more about his skills in the ring and him being that good in that he would have been the most significant victory of Oscar's career which is what most fans who bought it wanted to see
            Last edited by Fighting Pride; 07-09-2012, 05:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Pride View Post
              It was seen as Oscar's last chance to reach the pinnacle of the sport, he was fighting a prime p4p #1, it was the first time Oscar had not been the betting favorite in a fight against a guy he was given a chance at beating.

Other factors came into it, it was the first time 24/7 had been used to hype a fight, that was a big contributor, and it was promoted more than any other fight I can remember.

Mayweather did 325k the fight before it and fans walked out of that fight before it was over and he wouldn't have added many more fans had he fought someone else instead of Oscar. The fight after De La Hoya against his popular rival Hatton, which had been built up for years, did 920k buys.

The fight helped Floyd get a significantly bigger fanbase, but it was all about Oscar and his last legitimate shot at p4p glory. Not saying his antics during 24/7 and the promotion didn't attract any fans, but it was the 24/7 and the heavy promotion that was mostly responsible for that.

thanks at least your not calling people troll or idiot or ******ed. I agree with you with 24/7. But you gotta understand Floyd is 24/7. without Floyd 24/7 is boring like all of Pacquiao 24/7.

Floyd personality and bad guy persona made people buy PPV's. I'm sure a lot of people watch the Bradley vs Pacquiao 24/7 but didn't buy it because it wasn't amusing as someone like floyd.

Comment

it takes two fighters to make a mega fight. DLH wouldnt have sold that much without floyd and floyd at that stage wouldnt have sold that much without DLH.

DLH brought more money out of the two though. floyd and pacquiao did become superstars by beating DLH and DLH was already a superstar outside of the latino community.

Comment

Oscar: 60%
                  Mayweather: 20%
                  24/7: 20%

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                    it takes two fighters to make a mega fight. DLH wouldnt have sold that much without floyd and floyd at that stage wouldnt have sold that much without DLH.

DLH brought more money out of the two though. floyd and pacquiao did become superstars by beating DLH and DLH was already a superstar outside of the latino community.
                    ^^^^ this pretty much says it all, I do think the way mayweather acted in the build up helped the numbers tho when u consider de la Hoya biggest ppv before that was 1.4million

Comment

Working...
                    X