No announcement yet.

Mistake made by Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mistake made by Boxing

Why in boxing do they announce the judges and referees days in advance? Shouldn't they keep it quiet until at least an hour or two before the fight occurs? Doesn't announcing them in advance give promoters and mobsters an opportunity to get to them and possibly bribe them? Boxing shoots itself in the foot by doing what they do.

Originally posted by ejk22 View Post
    Why in boxing do they announce the judges and referees days in advance? Shouldn't they keep it quiet until at least an hour or two before the fight occurs? Doesn't announcing them in advance give promoters and mobsters an opportunity to get to them and possibly bribe them? Boxing shoots itself in the foot by doing what they do.

Do you think Calzaghe would accept say Jay Nady as ref, Adalade Bird, Juliec Lederman and Raul Caiz as judges?

I think not.

Comment

The vast majority of ring officials are honest and care about the sport in which they are a part of. Therefore I doubt if it matters either way.

Comment

I remember reading a story about Harold Ledderman being a judge for a fight in Japan when he was offered a bribe to fix the result. He told 'em to **** off. I hope that's how most judges/ref's would respond.

Comment

Habit I guess..Better question is why the judges sit all across the ring at different angles...It seems to me that the judge on one side could think he sees a punch land that another judge had a perfect viewpoint on. I think that is the problem not "The Mob"

Comment

Working...
          X