Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trout Says Canelo is no Different from Cotto.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trout Says Canelo is no Different from Cotto.

WBA champion austin trout (26-0, 14 KO’s) sees WBC champion canelo alvarez (41-0-1, 30 KO’s) using the same strategy as miguel cotto, trout said to RingTV. trout was able to neutralize cotto’s left hooks by staying at a distance, jabbing and grabbing when he would come in cotto’s range.

if trout truly believes canelo will fight the same as cotto, he's in for a rude awakening. canelo may not have the same footwork as cotto but he is much more accurate with his punches and has a lot more power.

many people say it's a big mistake for canelo to take on trout but i think canelo has the potential to knock out trout with a wicked body shot and i'm not even a fan of the guy.

if canelo somehow manages to get past trout with flying colors, then i think the next big fight would be canelo vs. martinez at 154, that is if a catch weight is not possible (i'm thinking 157 lbs.)

your thoughts?

It's actually hard to accurately evaluate where Canelo is at this stage if his career because his competition has been sub par C grade fighters. He looks like he has the goods but his record is padded with below average competition. I like the kid but he needs to step it up. This trout fight will tell a lot about Canelo.

Comment

Canelo isn't going to be looking to get Trout on the ropes. So how exactly are they similar? Man he is in for a big surprise.

I haven't been this confident in a fight since Pac Marquez when I predicted the knockout. Trout will have his moments early because he'll try to clinch all night on but Canelo will finish him late. Canelo's underrated jab and body work will get it done.

Comment

Trout is gonna get curb stomped by the ginger by the 9th round.

Comment

Cotto has better boxing skills than Canelo, don't kid yourselves.

Comment

This fight is bigger for Canelo than it is trout because Canelo has been protected and I think Canelo knows this which is why he wanted this fight more than anyone if this big 22 year old boy wins this fight against a real 154 champ he earns his fight with floyd and hopefully bring a huge fight this feb and maybe even dethrone the current p4p king...which I highly doubt

Comment

I think Alvarez will be stronger then Cotto..But that's really the only difference,Trout will still be the better boxer come fight night..

Comment

Originally posted by Ve Ri Tas View Post
                It's actually hard to accurately evaluate where Canelo is at this stage if his career because his competition has been sub par C grade fighters. He looks like he has the goods but his record is padded with below average competition. I like the kid but he needs to step it up. This trout fight will tell a lot about Canelo.
                I totally agree with this post...

Comment

Originally posted by Ve Ri Tas View Post
                  damn. 72 posts in and your dropping knowledge like that? welcome to the forum bro.

i couldnt agree more. canelo looks like a monster, but you cant tell until hes in there with better opposition. guys with power always look great on their way up and get loads of hype. but it isnt until they have a real test on their hands that we can tell if they know how to apply that power at the highest level. you dont know how good they are defensively either since most of their opponents just focused on surviving.

this indeed will tell us a lot about canelo. he might put trout to sleep or he might get taken to school, i look forward to finding out.

Comment

trout is pretty dumb if he thinks the ginger is a Cotto clone. the ginger is a lot bigger, stronger, and unlike Cotto has power in both hands. if this is his attitude, he is gonna get beat.

Comment

Working...
                    X