No announcement yet.

Arce rushed to hospital after knockout defeat to darchinyan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arce rushed to hospital after knockout defeat to darchinyan

Just read it heres the story and link ...

Just read it heres the story and link ...

By Adam Ramirez
    FightNetBoxing.com

ANAHEIM- Challenger Jorge Arce was rushed to the hospital Saturday about an hour after taking a beating from WBA, WBC and IBF junior bantamweight champ Vic Darchinyan at the Honda Center.

In a bizarre scene, Arce was treated by EMT staff in the Honda Center press room while a handful of reporters wrote copy on deadline.

EMT staff were concerned about Arce's blood pressure, which was fluctuating from high to low. Arce initially insisted he was fine to walk to the ambulance; however, after he admitted to being unbalanced, he got on the gurney and started breathing from an oxygen mask.

The EMT cleared the hallway so that he could have some privacy, and he was wheeled onto the ambulance away from the press conference, which was happening at the same time.

Arce had a glassy look in his eye during the verbal exchange with the EMT.

"Ask him where he hurts," an Anaheim EMT asked.

"Behind my ear and my right eye here," Arce said through the oxygen mask. Arce had complained during the fight about being struck behind his ear.

The scene happened while reporters typed away on their computers. While he was being wheeled to the ambulance, a promoter asked him if he could sign for his paycheck.

It was a stark reminder how championship boxers have to endure so much to earn a living. More to come on this breaking story.

http://fightnetboxing.com/Home_Page.php

if its true i hope hes ok he did take a beating from a pretty heavy puncher.

Get well el travieso!
    Last edited by -Boxzilla-; 02-08-2009, 03:11 AM.

I hope he's alright, he takes way too many punches for his own good.

Comment

Darchy is no joke man. Dude sends fighters to the hospital. Incredible that he contains that kind of power in a p4p sense. I hope Arce is fine. I was thinkin through out the fight that he couldnt possibly take all that punishment and walk out of the arena.

Comment

I hope all is well with Arce, he a good guy and an exciting fighter who always wants to give the fans what they deserve but I just made me some moneys today..
        so far my predictions for '09 are great! can't say the same about last year but this year.. so far so good.

Comment

told you, bleeding from everywhere...and in the first fight I knew Kid Diamond had a broken nose before they said it.

Comment

Originally posted by IwatchBoxing View Post
            told you, bleeding from everywhere...and in the first fight I knew Kid Diamond had a broken nose before they said it.
            Me too, I thought to myself that Diamond had a broken nose after the second round, I was surprised his corner kept letting him blow his nose.

Anyways, just to add to my first post, Darchinyan is not a murderous 1 punch knockout artist, he's a heavy handed guy that can knock you out with 1 punch but it normally takes an accumulation of shots for him to knock a guy out, which increases the chances of his opponents suffering permanent damage.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
              Me too, I thought to myself that Diamond had a broken nose after the second round, I was surprised his corner kept letting him blow his nose.

Anyways, just to add to my first post, Darchinyan is not a murderous 1 punch knockout artist, he's a heavy handed guy that can knock you out with 1 punch but it normally takes an accumulation of shots for him to knock a guy out, which increases the chances of his opponents suffering permanent damage.
              I figured out, and told the person who was watching with me right when they were checking his mouth guard cause it had apparently stuck to his gums, he had a broken nose.

Comment

ONE MORE ROUND AND HE WOULD OF BEEN SENT TO THE MORGE...100X35...

Comment

Well I'm glad he didn't fight round 12 after reading that.
                  I hope he picks up quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by woftam View Post
                    Well I'm glad he didn't fight round 12 after reading that.
                    I hope he picks up quickly.
                    exactly....now I'm glad they stopped it......I hope he's alright

Comment

Working...
                    X