• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Mayweather, Jr. sued by home owners association

Floyd Mayweather, Jr. sued by home owners association

By FRANCIS MCCABE
    LAS VEGAS REVIEW-JOURNAL

The folks running the Southern Highlands homeowners association are fed up with one of their most famous neighbors: champion boxer Floyd Mayweather, Jr.

So much so the Estates at Southern Highlands Golf Club Community has asked a district judge to order the 33-year-old to abide by the community vehicular and parking rules and to stop threatening and harassing security guards, a complaint filed Tuesday says.

The association seeks compensation of more than $10,000 from Mayweather who lives in a $9.5 million, 12,000 square-foot mansion on Wood Creek Court.

The complaint stems from a series of run-ins between security guards and the former U.S. Olympian. Mayweather faces a misdemeanor battery charge for a Nov. 15 incident involving guard Shayne Smith.

Las Vegas police said in a report that Smith cited two Mayweather vehicles for parking violations. A confrontation ensued, and the boxer was verbally abusive and jabbed his finger into Smith's cheek, resulting in redness and discoloration on the left side of Smith's face.

In another incident, captured by security cameras and put on TMZ.com, Mayweather verbally abuses a guard who won't let him and his entourage into the community without identification.

Mayweather is heard on the video degrading the security guard. Agitated, Mayweather raised his voice and repeatedly yelled at the guard, the video shows.

The video also shows Mayweather denying he ever touched Smith and saying Smith was lying.

"Since October 2010, Defendant has repeatedly engaged in hostile, harassing and threatening behavior towards and against certain employees and security personnel," the complaint states.

Mayweather is accused of "threatening the life of a patrol officer, physically accosting a security officer, (and) refusing to provide identity to gate officers."

According to the complaint, Mayweather also has continued to violate association vehicular and parking regulations, including entering the community via an exit gate, not equipping his car with a required transponder and not putting association decals on his vehicles.

Neither association attorney Sean Anderson nor Mayweather lawyer Richard Wright responded Thursday.

http://www.lvrj.com/news/floyd-maywe...113044699.html

Just doesn't seem to end...

Xylocaine rage....

Comment

The guards don't want him and the people inside the community doesn't want him.................LOL!!

Comment

yea, I saw this YESTERDAY on a sports site...it was top story there but no where to be found here....I found that STRANGE....being as though it was Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
          yea, I saw this YESTERDAY on a sports site...it was top story there but no where to be found here....I found that STRANGE....being as though it was Floyd
          Sorry bro, but this was posted 2 days ago, and this is the second repost i see. Old news

Comment

Originally posted by zero188 View Post
            Sorry bro, but this was posted 2 days ago, and this is the second repost i see. Old news
            I was wondering...thx, good looking out bro!!

Comment

Typical Mayweather Jr behaviour...why am i not suprised?? heck i was not even suprised when the whole scandal with his girlfriend thing happened as well....he may as well have kept his arse in retirement because frankly he just bores us now with his general antics....his skills are good no doubt but hes an idiot with his head up his own arse like he always has been...

Comment

Floyd ..

Comment

Good job Floyd, keep those charges coming. This guy's career is fading away in the sunset.

Comment

who isnt suing him...hell even Manny Pacquiao

Comment

Working...
                    X