Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Apple is destroying Android from the inside out

How Apple is destroying Android from the inside out
    Friday, January 18, 2013 · 2:54 pm

“You know what they say about the obvious. ‘Sometimes you can’t see the forest for the trees.’ So it is with the ongoing battles between Apple’s iOS devices and Google’s Android,” Kate MacKenzie writes for Mac360. “On the surface, at first view, and as promulgated ad nauseam by today’s short sighted tech pundits, Android is winning. How so? Market [unit] share. Elsewhere in the forest, almost out of sight, Apple is slowly destroying Android.”

“Apple has managed to capture almost 80-percent of the entire cellphone industry’s profits, leaving the rest to desperate Samsung (which spends nearly 10 times Apple on advertising and promotions),” MacKenzie writes. “Nearly 70-percent of mobile ad revenue is generated by iOS devices. That’s a two-to-one lead over Android devices, despite Android having three times the market share. What’s going on?”

MacKenzie writes, “It’s usage. It’s ecosystem. It’s quality vs. mediocrity.”

Read more in the full article here.

Not surprised. Seems like all the teenagers have iPhones nowadays...

Comment

A lot of the kids have iPhones but it's slowly changing. I have never seen less people buying iPhone personally since the iPhone 3/3GS. It was all about the iPhone if you wanted a smart phone or BB's or those old phones now the old phones are really out of the picture/not being produced, BB's are honestly losing popularity because of the rise of alternative smart phones other than iPhone that is. HTC need to up their game, their HTC Desire was good but they have slacked off since then. The ONE X is good but the S3 is just better. Give android peeps a good reason to use your phone/move away from Samsung.

Honestly, iPhones UI/layout is so clean and simple to use (great for old people/first time smart phone buyers/people who aren't really tech-savvy) BUT it feels SO basic. I use my widgets ALL the time and the iPhone has not allowed widgets and hasn't even got a frontscreen. Every iPhone is the same, which has its advantages but also has its disadvantages as well. It isn't the best phone for someone like me who gets bored with his phone and has to change it constantly. It's probably the biggest thing for me personally. They don't let you disconnect the battery/add microsds/memorycards. The Android UI whilst being really good needs further improvement in terms of reducing the lag..I thought JellyBean was meant to fix it...whilst it is smoother it is still there when you get some apps.

They need to sort out the batteries in these new smartphones as well, getting sick of having to charge my phone so often. Using my GPS/3g on the go is always worrying because I am always nervous about the battery dying before I get everything I want.

Comment

im tired of my iphone and cant wait til my contract runs out so i can get a Galaxy

Comment

As long as we can continue to jailbreak it, I'm sticking with the iphone. I've had every version since the first iphone back in 07.

Comment

iPhone hasn't been available to jailbreak here in the UK since the release of iOS6 if im not mistaken. That's an awfully long time to buy apps which would otherwise be free on android or the jailbreak.

Comment

Originally posted by hayZ View Post
              iPhone hasn't been available to jailbreak here in the UK since the release of iOS6 if im not mistaken. That's an awfully long time to buy apps which would otherwise be free on android or the jailbreak.
              Last time I checked there were thousands of free apps in the App Store, sure you have to buy some, but so is the case for Android's App Market. Other than that, the jailbreak for ios6 is taking its sweet ass time, cause apple cracked down on app piracy.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                im tired of my iphone and cant wait til my contract runs out so i can get a Galaxy
                Welcome to Breakbeat's shyt list.

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
                  Welcome to Breakbeat's shyt list.

i just need more...bigger screen, more capability

dont get me wrong, i have no problem with my iphone now but after messin around with my buddy's galaxy (and that was just the S2), im missing out

just the bigger screen alone is worth the upgrade

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                    i just need more...bigger screen, more capability

dont get me wrong, i have no problem with my iphone now but after messin around with my buddy's galaxy (and that was just the S2), im missing out

just the bigger screen alone is worth the upgrade
                    Tell me about it, I have the Note 2 and there's no way in the world that i can go back to a smaller phone. The S3 feels funny and the iPhone feels like a toy.

If you are going to switch to Android, i would wait for the S4, rumor say it's gonna be 5 inch screen with an 8 core processor and 1080p screen. By then there should be more phone out too.

Comment

Working...
                    X