No announcement yet.

[VIDEO] Nice Sergio Martinez interview in spanish

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [VIDEO] Nice Sergio Martinez interview in spanish

They look back at his career and discuss his future plans.

Last edited by Light_Speed; 03-30-2012, 08:16 PM.

Translation, anybody?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
      Translation, anybody?
      I can give you the main points if you want or maybe you wanna wait for a word for word translation.

Comment

Bullet points would be fine, man. I'd greatly appreciate it.

Comment

Alright, spanish speaking members don't kill me if my translation is off :

They asked him what happened between 2002 (when he left argentina for spain) and today, he said those were the hardest years of his career,he was struggling but he needed to go through that to get where he is today.

He said Chavez Jr is not a coward but is acting like one because he knows the fight would be difficult for him, he doesn't have confidence.

He wants to get his WBC title back.

They asked him how come Morales is washed up at 35 but he's still going strong at 37, he said it's because he started late and doesn't have as much wear and tear.

He wanted to avenge his loss to Margarito but a lot of time has passed and they have taken different paths.

He doesn't think Margarito had plaster in his wraps when they fought, he was just the better man that night.

They asked him if he has problems making 154 because he just fought Macklin at 160 but weighed in at 157. He said no, he just moved up to 160 for the opportunity to face Pavlik.

He said Pavlik was a tough opponent, the fight was physically difficult, he won the first 4 Pavlik won the next 4 and he won the rest of the rds.

He said they robbed him of a KO against Cintron but he took it calmly and moved on.

They asked him to explain where his style comes from, he said he learned to fight like that in the amateurs, his hands are low but it's ok because he controls the distance. He was inspired a little bit by Nicolino Locche, Naseem Hamed and Roy Jones and borrowed things from them.

They asked him about the Williams KO, he said he took advantage of Williams flaws, Williams is tall but fights like a short fighter, the KO was a result of good timing.

His goal is to be the #1 P4P, get his WBC title back and maybe win a title in another weightclass.

He thinks Floyd is the #1 P4P right now

Not sure I understood the bit about Hopkins, I think they said he became famous in his mid 30s like Sergio and now he's one of the best P4P.

He would love to fight Floyd, he's the best right now, he's very intelligent and complete fighter, it would be a great fight.
          Last edited by Light_Speed; 03-30-2012, 04:59 PM.

Comment

That works for me, man. Thanks a bunch. I'm out of karma for the day, but I'm gonna double back to this thread tomorrow to hit you up for giving us all a translation.

Comment

sergio is a complete class act, he is climbing in my All time favorites fast

Comment

Sergio is the real deal, I can't fathom why anyone would hate on the dude.

Comment

Thanks for sharing the vid. This dude is in my eyes the P4P # 1. I hope he gets that fights wth Floyd. He beats him IMO.

Comment

Sexy, classy, Sergio

Comment

Working...
                    X