Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was the worst one-sided massacre in the History of boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was the worst one-sided massacre in the History of boxing?

Okay I just watched Gatti vs Mayweather fight again and it was a complete one sided massacre and I got to thinking.
    What was the worst massacre in boxing, where a fighter just uncorked the a$$ beating of a lifetime on another fighter? I’m not really talking about one punch knock outs but they also count. But id rather a complete and utter domination.
    Your thoughts please...

Heres the Last Round: Click on Part 1 to watch the whole thing.

Dempsey Willard comes to mind

Comment

Manny Pacquaio-Antonio Margarito

Shane Mosley-Antonio Margarito

Manny Pacquaio-Oscar De La Hoya

Manny Pacquaio-David Diaz

Adrien Broner-Antonio Demarco

Comment

Mayweather vs Corrales
        Calzaghe vs Jeff Lacy

Comment

Originally posted by blacraven View Post
          Okay I just watched Gatti vs Mayweather fight again and it was a complete one sided massacre and I got to thinking.
          What was the worst massacre in boxing, where a fighter just uncorked the a$$ beating of a lifetime on another fighter? I’m not really talking about one punch knock outs but they also count. But id rather a complete and utter domination.
          Your thoughts please...

Heres the Last Round: Click on Part 1 to watch the whole thing.
          How was it a massacre? If anything, it was domination.

Comment

Trinidad vs Joppy comes to mind, Joppy figured Tito was the smaller guy coming up and he was just going to bully him and was totally unprepared for Tito's power.

Comment

toney vs barkley was a thorough schooling

Comment

canelo vs lopez anyone?

Comment

In recent memory I think Mosley-Margarito was the worst. Shane was murdering him from the opening bell and is really the only guy to ever actually hurt Margarito.

I also agree with the poster above on Toney-Barkley. There were actually quite a few Toney fights like that where he just beat the **** out of guys in a way that made you feel sorry for them.

I also think Buster Douglas - Mike Tyson was an epic ass kicking. The judges were out to rob Douglas so the scored don't reflect it but when I've scored the fight I have never given Tyson a round except for the KD round which I score 10-9 Tyson.

If you watch that one Douglas drops so many vicious right hands on Tyson it's not even funny. Douglas' jab was also like a hammer and he was throwing uppercuts, hooks and the kitchen sink at Tyson. The amount of punishment Tyson took is something that often goes overlooked when discussing his career after that fight.

Comment

Breidis Prescott vs. Amir Khan

Comment

Working...
                    X