Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just rewatched Cotto vs Margarito 2...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just rewatched Cotto vs Margarito 2...

Margarito was delusional if he thought he was going to do something different....and his trainer yelling, "that was his best round" was bull. Tony maybe won one round (7) and that would be debatable.

....Tony seems to smile only when he is losing or taking good shots ....he did alot of smiling.

It was a flat out Boxing Lesson! Marg never won a round and was busted to *****, all he did was eat punches and walk in pressuring. He has a great chin and took the shots like a champ but taking punches does not score points or help ur face.....

Anyone who thought he was gonna turn things around is fooling themselves and thats just the truth.
    Last edited by The Surgeon; 01-28-2012, 03:18 PM.

Comment

how did you thnk Cotto looked and how do you think he would do against Pac or Floyd?

Comment

Fighters who taunt and laugh when they are losing every round just look stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
          how did you thnk Cotto looked and how do you think he would do against Pac or Floyd?
          I think against Pac (at 154lb) He has a decent chance, for 2 reasons, the weight and because now Cotto knows that he cant just trade with Manny, so I imagine he would box more.(still edge to Pac).

Floyd I see him losing to as well. But I dont believe it would be that easy. I think he can box a bit more against Floyd.
          I dont see Cotto gassing out because Floyd does not pressure fighters. So I think it would be a chess match with Floyd winning with good countering. But if floyd gets offensive, he may take Cotto out early or (hey this is boxing) Cotto rocks Floyd similar to Shane or Zab. But still floyd adapts and wins.
          Last edited by Einstien; 01-28-2012, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
            Fighters who taunt and laugh when they are losing every round just look stupid.
            I agree.
            I use to think Roy Jones Jr. looked stupid when he would laugh, joke and taunt WHILE WINNING.

Tony looked like a complete idiot while losing.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
              Margarito was about to turn the fight around.
              Your hero got owned!

Comment

Although cotto was clearly outboxing, the thought will always linger in my head , "what would have happened if he stopped. " Cotto was clearly gassing before the fight was stopped and would have had to stand his ground. (Whether this would have happened before or after round 12 remains the question)

Comment

Um, as much of a **** trainer Garcia is...round 9 WAS Margarito's best round, that's a fact. You don't need to be Einstein to see that. 25 out 78 power punches landed, while Cotto landed 23. Before that, Margarito was landing 15-16 power punches per round, so that was his best round by a lot.

The fight totals were 148 Cotto, 131 Margarito. If you ask me, Margarito was very well in the fight. Any one is in the fight with Cotto's defensive flaws. Margarito did a lot better than I expected. But the fight still ended as I predicted: Margarito's eye wasn't gonna hold up for 12 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Shogunofharlem1 View Post
                    Although cotto was clearly outboxing, the thought will always linger in my head , "what would have happened if he stopped. " Cotto was clearly gassing before the fight was stopped and would have had to stand his ground. (Whether this would have happened before or after round 12 remains the question)
                    Cotto put it on Tony in that 9th round man, he was doing just fine stamina wise imo and even if u felt he was getting tired all he had to do was stay upright against an opponent who had failed to put any effective work in earlier to wear him down and against an opponent who lacked the punch of old......for whatever reason.

Comment

Working...
                    X