No announcement yet.

How is Amir a 1/5 favorite?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is Amir a 1/5 favorite?

Just wondering why he is such a big favorite, are bookies making a mistake?

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
    Just wondering why he is such a big favorite, are bookies making a mistake?
    I wouldn't say they are making a mistake, just that most of the money is being bet on Khan. Therefore they are offering better odds on Garcia in the hope that people bet on him (because Khan IS a favourite). So if things go to form ANY bet on Garcia - no matter what the odds - is a losing one.

However, if you bet on Garcia & he does win then you're quids in. I don't have him a huge underdog & if I could bet on one of the British Bookie websites I'd shove a tenner on him.

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post
      I wouldn't say they are making a mistake, just that most of the money is being bet on Khan. Therefore they are offering better odds on Garcia in the hope that people bet on him (because Khan IS a favourite). So if things go to form ANY bet on Garcia - no matter what the odds - is a losing one.

However, if you bet on Garcia & he does win then you're quids in. I don't have him a huge underdog & if I could bet on one of the British Bookie websites I'd shove a tenner on him.
      cute dog on your avy

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
        cute dog on your avy
        Cheers. That one is not mine but I grew up around those dogs...

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post

Makes sense, I didn't look at it through the bookies POV, but this fight is pick'em fight, so in my eyes Garcia a 5/1 underdog sounds crazy.

Comment

I think those odds are about right. Garcia has no big wins and Khan does. Khan has fought so much better opposition overall.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
              I think those odds are about right. Garcia has no big wins and Khan does. Khan has fought so much better opposition overall.
              He's fought the better opposition true, but overall hasn't looked good doing it, 1/5 is the type of odds Floyd vs whoever or Klitschkos vs Whoever, not Khan versus Danny Garcia.

Comment

What's your take on his chances?? (Garcia's)?

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                  What's your take on his chances?? (Garcia's)?
                  I think Garcia can beat him, When I first heard that they were fighting I thought Khan could beat him but not easily, then Amir came out with the news of new S&C trainer and the trainer says that Khan won't do no more long distance running just burst sprint.

That statement has me on the fence with Amir, how can a guy who has crappy stamina survive doing sprints, there's a reason Usain Bolt doesn't run over 200 meter races, his body is not set up for that. Now in Amir's biggest fight to date, they changes his stragedy to gain muscle and do sprints. WTF?

I chose Khan a while ago to win and I bet 20 billion points, now all i'm hoping for is that he beats Danny before the 6th round, if he doesn't, then i'll be bitting the hell out of my nails.

Comment

Yep that is what bookies do they balance the flow of money so they get it even on both sides, they don't want risk they just want to collect their juice~

Really Khan doesn't deserve to be 5 to 1 over anybody with a pulse and the time to bet is when you view a moneyline as disconnecting with reality.

I can't bet though because I don't really like Garcia's chances and while that number is decent, I prefer to be paid above what I view as the risk that number is to close equal value. I couldn't fault anyone placing a reasonable bet though.

Comment

Working...
                    X