Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I the only one who thinks Thompson is a live dog?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I the only one who thinks Thompson is a live dog?

Am I the only one who thinks Thompson is a live underdog?

I like Price but its almost like he has suckered me in because of that sledgehammer right hand and tbh that is about the only thing he has.

Hes slow, lumbering, pulls back in straight lines, his defense is pretty bad, he hasn't a jab. Hes slow and heavy footed, when Skelton rushed him his feet wouldn't react.
    Hes just not very good and is very flawed though he hits you with that right hand, you're going to be on queer St.

At this stage and this kills me to say it I think Fury would box his ears off, I really do. Price always has a punchers chance but Fury is too quick, too mobile, he'd jab him too death and beat him to the punch all night.

Thompson is old as the hills, he isn't great but hes a big , awkward southpaw with bags of experience. If he comes in shape and he is there mentally (I think this is the big key), I think he is live.

I just don't think much of Price. Hes an accident waiting to happen and truth be told, he doesn't do anything for Wlads legacy. I really think Price is Mariusz Wach with a bigger right hand & without the chin.

He may blast Thompson out, he hits like a mule but if Thompson can get through the early rounds, I think we're going to find out an awful lot out about The big, stiff idiot.

I'm with you Dan, I actually think Tony can pull it off. I've been going over this fight the past 2 days in my head, but for some reason in the back of my head I keep telling myself he'll get blasted out. As you said, I just don't know if he'll show up mentally prepared for this fight

Comment

I think Price will try to make a statement by taking him out quicker than Wlad did - I think he will probably succeed in that. That said, Price will be put out cold one of these days, his chin is of finest Ming Dynasty china and he's there to be hit. Somebody like Manny Steward would have been awesome for him.

if Thompson comes in shape(I'm not convinced that he will) and survives past the 6th or 7th though we will learn a lot about Price. A big awkward experienced southpaw IN SHAPE could just dish out a surprise
      Last edited by Daddy T; 02-20-2013, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Agreed Dan. Thompson will KO him if he comes in shape.

You only have to watch Price- Camerrelle from a few years ago to suss out that Price isn't a very good boxer at all.

Comment

I'll give him a chance if he is motivated. I heard before the wlad fight hr was throwing training off and wasn't that motivated. Im jumping ship the first sign of that

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
            Am I the only one who thinks Thompson is a live underdog?

I like Price but its almost like he has suckered me in because of that sledgehammer right hand and tbh that is about the only thing he has.

Hes slow, lumbering, pulls back in straight lines, his defense is pretty bad, he hasn't a jab. Hes slow and heavy footed, when Skelton rushed him his feet wouldn't react.
            Hes just not very good and is very flawed though he hits you with that right hand, you're going to be on queer St.

At this stage and this kills me to say it I think Fury would box his ears off, I really do. Price always has a punchers chance but Fury is too quick, too mobile, he'd jab him too death and beat him to the punch all night.

Thompson is old as the hills, he isn't great but hes a big , awkward southpaw with bags of experience. If he comes in shape and he is there mentally (I think this is the big key), I think he is live.

I just don't think much of Price. Hes an accident waiting to happen and truth be told, he doesn't do anything for Wlads legacy. I really think Price is Mariusz Wach with a bigger right hand & without the chin.

He may blast Thompson out, he hits like a mule but if Thompson can get through the early rounds, I think we're going to find out an awful lot out about The big, stiff idiot.

I don't think Thompson will pose any problems; but I agree with the flaws you've outlined.

IMO, Price has made next to no progress, technically, over the last two years.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom.
              Price takes him out by round six.

Thompson will be laying on the floor with one of his arms tucked under his head.

That sleeping pose don't half crack me up.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                I'm with you Dan, I actually think Tony can pull it off. I've been going over this fight the past 2 days in my head, but for some reason in the back of my head I keep telling myself he'll get blasted out. As you said, I just don't know if he'll show up mentally prepared for this fight

I think the mental aspect is the most important. It was years back but Price has been down & stopped by guys with similar styles to Thompson. I think the only southpaw hes faced as a pro is Audley but I could be wrong.

Price is so lumbering and predictable. I am actually hoping Thompson shows up & answers some questions at least.

Part of me feels he could get blasted out quick another I feel Thompson can frustrate the hell out of him & maybe beat him.
                Price definitely has power but I think Thompsons main struggle with Wlad was his speed and he was making Wlad miss a lot of right hands.
                Hes is cagey for a big fella.

Comment

Definitely a tougher fight then China Chin Harrison lmao

Thompson is on another level and a tough fight but if Price passes it hes ready for a klitchsko

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I don't think so.

I think Price get's him out of there quite swiftly.

Comment

Working...
                    X