Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amir Khan continues to receive homecooking.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amir Khan continues to receive homecooking.

Poor McCloskey. Victim of homecooking.

This was a world championship fight. No way it should have been stopped. The ref should have let it continue to see if it got worse or if the blood bothered McCloskey.

People can say that the stoppage saved McCloskey from further punishment but that is off the mark and irrelevant for the issue at hand.

It was a terrible stoppage that makes you wonder if Khan would have been stopped if it was him who was cut?

Remember when Khan fought Barrerra? That fight was allowed to continue too long and just so long that the fight could go to the cards.

And then there was Khan's fight against Martin Kristjansen where Khan was allowed to blatantly foul his downed opponent several times without any penalty.

Bottom line is that there's enough evidence to say that Khan gets all the help he can get when he fights in Britain.

Homecooking in the mold of Ottke, Bute and Ward.

McCloskey didnt seem to care that much when the Doc was talking to him. He was a beat fighter imo just looking to last the distance. Not once in the fight did he let his hands go.

Khan wont be fighting at home anway due to him falling out with sky. Also HBO probably wont allow him too. Also none of this stuff is Khans fault, its the same in any fighters hometown.

Comment

If Khan had been cut, chances are he would've been given the benefit of the doubt. But then again, Khan wasn't the one who was six rounds down and had been hurt once or twice - not badly, but hurt none-the-less.

Comment

Same thing with the Barrera fight. He had a terrible cut, but they waited after the 5th round so they could go to the scorecards.

Comment

It seemed to me that McKloskey could have showed signs of wanting the fight continued. He seemed very quiet and just kind of went with the flow of the ref and the ring doctor.

Comment

I don't think so. I think you just have something against Muslim people.

Comment

LOL @ comparing Ward/Oakland to Ottke/Nuremberg.

Lack of perspective, distinctly exposed.

GTFO, you bitter, womanless old ****.

Comment

Originally posted by T-97 View Post
                If Khan had been cut, chances are he would've been given the benefit of the doubt. But then again, Khan wasn't the one who was six rounds down and had been hurt once or twice - not badly, but hurt none-the-less.
                McCloskey was not a beaten fighter. It's unlikely that he'd have won for sure, but he wasn't at the end of his powers.

Comment

Originally posted by withoutthee666 View Post
                  I don't think so. I think you just have something against Muslim people.

Khan is one of my fav fighters.

Pull another one.

Comment

nah nothing compared to ward, bute or hatton.. cant believe hatton wasnt dq'd for hugging kostya that much.. he didnt even get one point deducted.. now that was home cooking! this was a bad stoppage but all it did was save mccloskey a beating and khan the extra exercise.

Comment

Working...
                    X