Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does UFC commentating and media annoy you in how they sell a fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does UFC commentating and media annoy you in how they sell a fight?

I have just started watching UFC properly, and it really annoys me how the commentators talk about how legit a fight is. For example JDS VS Mir, they talked about how Mir had a motorcycle accident etc... so his losses were OK. it's like the 24/7 equivalent went to them. The show does what 24/7 does, it hypes a fight, but the way the commentators talk is as if most fans are ignorant.

Heck even the media talking about how Sonen nearly ended Silva's career, yet they don't even mention his T/E ratio in the article where Silva is talking about what he is going to do to Sonen.

Again I repeat I am fairly new, but have seen pretty much every fight for months, and my impression is that with quite a lot of fights, they come across as patronising.

High T/E levels do not change a single damn thing about that fight. PED's are not as helpful as people want to believe they are. Proper weight cutting goes 50x farther than PED's can.

Comment

Originally posted by Japanese Boxing View Post
      High T/E levels do not change a single damn thing about that fight. PED's are not as helpful as people want to believe they are. Proper weight cutting goes 50x farther than PED's can.
      PED's obviosuly help or athletes wouldn't take them. Conte was asked how can a PED affect boxing, he said, well you can't measure that so easily, but say in 100 metre sprinting, it helps 1 to 3 metres. Now that doesn't sound a lot but that is a huge difference from 1st, to 4th.

The edge always matters at top elite level.

Comment

I usually watch one of their gay ass "fights" just to laughter at the idiot commentators. Specially that annoying Joe Togan cunt.

Comment

it really doesn't matter for me. I know they're doing it for the casual fans which doesn't effect me.

As long as they put together good cards with the right matchups and give the right guys the title shots, I don't care what else they do.

Comment

they do over hype people, whoever is on the main event is always the best in the wrold at something lol

Comment

I enjoy the fights and during it because it does inform me on quite a bit that I don't know such as a Kimura etc..

But pre fight the build up is just so ****ing annoying. Joe Rogan is funny and real outside doing the UFC which surprises me, does he really believe that bull**** lol.

Comment

UFC commentary is arguably the worst commentary of any event in any sport. Listening to a washed up former NBA coach on a local NBA broadcast is much better.

Comment

It's weird, I tried to find some boxing events that were like that. A lot are pure bias, rather than trying to hype up each fighter sort of thing. I guess records in boxing mean more, a few loses and you're a 'bum' LOL.

Comment

I prefer watching boxing and MMA with the mute button on TBH.

British commentators are the worst. Simply put, they see things even the most hardcore boxing fans like myself don't...

Comment

Working...
                    X