Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paul McCloskey vs Michael Katsidis being eyed?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul McCloskey vs Michael Katsidis being eyed?

I’ve had my share of bad things to say about Eddie Hearn’s matchmaking on this blog but to his credit he does come up trumps sometimes. Later this year Hearn wants a heavyweight Prize Fighter in Belfast, with Paul McCloskey fighting Michael Katsidis as the main event. Heavyweights and Michael Katsidis on the same bill, what's not to like?

Paul McCloskey vs Michael Katsidis would sell out in Belfast on its own but stick a heavyweight Prize Fighter on the same night and you’ve got thousands of Irish people queuing up to give you money. I asked Eddie Hearn on Twitter (Yeah that's our source. We never said we were the Wall Street Journal did we?) how likely it is to happen and he said :
    “That fight 7.5/10, PF and Dudey on same night 9/10”
    Katsidis - McCloskey could happen. McCloskey seems up for any challenge, but right now he can’t buy himself a title fight and Michael Katsidis' situation isn't much better. You know that saying “Beggars can’t be choosers”? Katsidis fits this scenario perfectly; he has lost three of his last four fights and if he wants to be a world champion again he can’t waste chances like this.

Katsidis will be the underdog because in his last five fights he has lost three - to Burns, Guerrero and Marquez - and all of them showed there are blueprints available to to beat him; Marquez beat him with combinations, Guerrero with a jab and power punches, and Burns with movement.

Don't underestimate him though, because Katsidis needs to win this fight. You don't want to get in the ring with Katsidis when he has a real need to get you out of there; he can punch harder than anyone in the lightweight division. He is a dangerous fight for a McCloskey, who only just scraped through his last match with Breidis Prescott.

http://www.punchbagblog.com/2012/01/...sidis-and.html
Working...
X