No announcement yet.

any shark experience?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any shark experience?

2 weeks ago, went swimming around 7:00 am the beach near my house (3 minute walk).. there were about 5 people there walking around ..i get in the water and about 10 minutes later this old black dude arrives, gets in the water thens shouts "hey got company" and it was exactly what i was thinking myself..

the guy is from trinidad and he was really cool..says he like to go swimming in the morning because it's good for the body which i agree and has been going to the same beach since 93..so we were talking facing eachother about 15 feet apart about things we used to do in beaches from our home country , about not being afraid to go deep in the beaches there, coz of sharks not as agressive as they are here in the US to the topic about america is a world police and all kinds of ****...

then all of a sudden, i see these light brownish fins (2,and expected it to be gray) sticking out the water moving fast although not towards us but parallel us about 20 feet behind him and before i could say anything , he read my reaction as i was pointing at it and we both got out of the water as fast as we could... he said he really did'nt see the whole fins but he saw something sunk in when he turned to look to where i was pointing ..

from the shore, we waited for it to pop out one more time for few minutes and again they did not too far from where we were at..what surprised me the most was that we were not even deep in the waters , only about chest high (and im a small guy) and these (there were 2 of em) f0ckers would come as near as that....i really dont think they were big sharks but the fins are the size of a halfed 7 inch square so i thought to my self it's big enough to kill..there were few cases of shark attacks from where im from in the past but it's rare ..there was even a kid as young as 9 nine old who died from an attack in 2000 or late 90"s (dont remember exactly)

before we left , we told the first lifeguards to arrive and they said the've seen few of them too the day before but not as near as we seen them..

few weeks before that , i took my 6 year nephew out there and scares the hell out of me thinking about the consequences seeing what i saw...i called my brother right away and warned him about it..

thats prolly the last time id go swimming when not a lot of peple around..**** , right now im not even confident if i'll evr go swimming at that beach ever again or any beach in the US..

Most shark attacks happen in shallow water.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
      Most shark attacks happen in shallow water.
      really ? i did not know that

Originally posted by Victorious115
      I'd be ****ting myself if I saw fins anywhere near where I was swimming. Glad they can't smell shit as much as they can blood or else I'd be F.U.C.K.E.D.
      lol, i thought the same thing ..maybe coz i havent had breakfast yet that morning..

Comment

Originally posted by danceswithfire View Post
        really ? i did not know that.
        It's true, they come to the coastline in order to feed on easier prey where there's less chance of escape. It's a lot easier to trap something near the coastline and hunt it down than it is to chase it in miles of open water.

Comment

id give it a 1-2 combo.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
            It's true, they come to the coastline in order to feed on easier prey where there's less chance of escape. It's a lot easier to trap something near the coastline and hunt it down than it is to chase it in miles of open water.
            wow..and i believe you ..

but prolly not everywhere tho

Comment

Originally posted by KING MEAT View Post
              id give it a 1-2 combo.
              combo my ass.. i thought the sharks were fast , we were faster getting out the water lol

seriously though, if we were deeper in the waters , it would've slowed us down by a lot and the f0ckers would've prolly attacked us

Comment

I seen this guy yelling at some kids on their sail boat in the cove and suddenly a shark knocked over their boats. The guy lost his leg to the shark but the kid from the sail boat survived with just a case of shock.

Comment

I have, started my phobia of sharks lol. So was with at grandmas place, in a very small town beside the sea. When we visit we would go swimming all day because the water was just a couple of steps from her house. Very nice water, you could see all the corals and **** while looking down on the water, I guess because it was far away from pollution and ****.

So anyway one day me, my bros, cousins went swimming right. 30 or something feet away from the shore there is this log big enough for someone to stand on sticking out of the water. People put it their to use as a diving platform lol i know so ghetto. So we would all take turns swim to the log to jump off of it until we get tired. After getting tired of all the swimming most of us just chill at the shore and some still swimming to the log.

So as we were just chillin on the shore my cousin was standing on the log and all of a sudden everyone just started screaming and I look to the water and first thought someone was drowning but instead I saw this huge fin come out of the water parallel to the shore, about 20 feet from the log and my cousin and heading towards him. It was huge I honestly think it was a great white. So my cousin sees it jumps off the log and swims like crazy. Everyone was ****ting their pants. My cousin makes it to the shore and the shark swims past the log. The ****er was hungry.

That traumatized me for quite a while about swimming in the ocean. What's funny is I thought it was a dream so I ask my bros if they saw it and if this actually happened and they said yes. After that nobody was swimming to the log no more, everyone just stayed close to shore lol. Crazy ****.
                  Last edited by johncods; 07-18-2012, 02:06 AM.

Comment

I think it was those white/black tipped fin sharks or w/e they are called, they are known to swim close to shore.

Comment

Working...
                    X