No announcement yet.

Cotto Visits MSG To See Renovations

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cotto Visits MSG To See Renovations

New York, June 15, 2012 – Three-division world boxing champion and the Pride of Puerto Rico, Miguel Cotto stopped by his home away from home, Madison Square Garden, earlier this week to see the progress on the second phase of the top-to-bottom Transformation of the Arena that is currently underway. He chatted with construction workers and signed autographs during his tour, which included checking out progress on the upper bowl of the Arena, which is being completely overhauled this summer. When the Arena reopens this fall, the upper bowl of The Garden will be completely transformed, including an expanded upper level concourse with new food and beverage options and city views, new upper bowl seating area with significantly enhanced sightlines, new Madison Level Suites and Madison Club, and an homage to The Garden’s history will be unveiled on the Madison Concourse (6th floor). There are currently more than 1000 construction workers working around the clock daily to get the building ready to reopen this Fall.

Work on the Madison Square Garden Transformation will continue to be a year-round project, sequenced to maximize construction efforts during the remaining two offseason shutdowns (2012, 2013). The first phase of the Transformation was completed for the 2011-12 season and included a completely transformed lower bowl of the Arena. When completed, the building will be transformed into a state-of-the-art facility that lives up to its iconic stature, while preserving The Garden’s great history and distinctive architecture. For more information on the MSG Transformation, visit www.msg.com/transformation to see a complete timeline of the project and receive construction updates.

Cotto from Caguas, Puerto Rico, is undefeated at Madison Square Garden with a 7-0 record, and has sold more fight tickets at The Garden than any other fighter in this millennium.

Should fight there later this year. Still can't think of an immediate opponent for him though.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
      Should fight there later this year. Still can't think of an immediate opponent for him though.
      It'd be great if he fought the Canelo-Ortiz winner in December

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Rode View Post
        I wouldn't mind that scenario. But I think the winner of that fight is going to be Floyd's next opponent. With Martinez and Chavez Jr. already tied up, I don't see one obvious opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Rode View Post
          i was just going to say he should fight Canelo

Comment

I think the Canelo-Ortiz winner will be the front runner but if that doesnt hapen and I were his team I do a fight against Bundrage if he beats Spinks and let GBP do an amazing undercard like Malignaggi-Judah WBA Welterweight Championship, Lara-Molina II and a fight feautiring a PR prospect.

Comment

I wouldn't mind that scenario. But I think the winner of that fight is going to be Floyd's next opponent. With Martinez and Chavez Jr. already tied up, I don't see one obvious opponent.
              If the opportunity presents itself, I don't think Golden Boy would turn down a Canelo-Cotto fight(assumming he beats Ortiz). Too much money to be made. That fight will sell great on PPV with the whole Mexico vs Puerto Rico rivalry. And if(big if) Canelo beats Cotto it should propel him to superstar status in the USA.

Comment

What about Canelo, Lara, Trout, Molina, Dzinziruk, Martirosyan and Kirkland?

Maybe not big money fights, but he does have options, also k9, bundrage
                Last edited by jazluvr; 06-17-2012, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
                  I think the Canelo-Ortiz winner will be the front runner but if that doesnt hapen and I were his team I do a fight against Bundrage if he beats Spinks and let GBP do an amazing undercard like Malignaggi-Judah WBA Welterweight Championship, Lara-Molina II and a fight feautiring a PR prospect.
                  he should stay @ 154. He seems to be comfortable there.

Comment

Originally posted by jazluvr View Post
                    What about Canelo, Lara, Trout, Molina, Dzinziruk, Martirosyan and Kirkland?

Maybe not big money fights, but he does have options, also k9, bundrage
                    If Caneo beats Ortiz, big IF IMO, I don't think he'll be matched too tough before he gets Floyd. Cotto beats everyone else mentioned handily IMO, but they'll keep him busy before he gets a big fight next year.

Comment

Working...
                    X