Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Victor Ortiz vs Brandon Rios ever happen?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Victor Ortiz vs Brandon Rios ever happen?

I just watched a Documentary titled "Victory" about a young Victor Ortiz, how he was adopted by Robert and Danny Garcia's father, and how he had to adapt to life in La Colonia, LA California. It also showed how he came up short against Anthony Peterson in the Olympic trials.

It shows a young Brandon Rios admiring Victor, saying Victor will be a World Champion and how he's a great fighter. It shows them on a couch laughing and living it up good, but somewhere along the lines, it's turned to bitter hate..I think these to guys have a real beef going and I believe that them two at 147 would be a WAR.

Think it'll ever actually happen?..

Yeah it'll happen within 1 to 2 years no doubt. Brandon can easily move upto 147, he won't find it so hard to make weight then.

Comment

If Rios defeats some good opposition legitimately I could see it happening down the line, but I think it would be a waste of time - I see Ortiz destroying Rios no matter when they fight.....

Comment

to be honest I think it will happen in about 2 years if ortiz stay the mental midget and not fully embrace his wartiz personality, cause I believe if ortiz embraces his wartiz mentalitly he will be right their with the elites and thats a place i believe rios will never make it too.

But if Ortiz stays the mental midget and never really embrace the wartiz personality he will fall short every time at the door step of elite and I belive rios can make it their to the doorstep himself but he wont cross it (he not really that talented). and that when they will meet @ 147 when they both legitamy have a following and the media has hyped their beef long enoough welcome the new De La Hoya vs Vargas type fight.

Oh yeah even though I like Rios alot more then ortiz I see a good fight that Ortiz will stop rios in De Lay Hoys vs Vargas style. Rios Will scare ortiz in the beginning with his strenght and power but ortiz will tax him down the stretch. And for this fight wartiz will show up not his mental midget self.

Comment

rios is jealous of ortiz, it's obvious from the interviews he's given.. Honestly he's like a high school girl that's mad someone else is getting the attention, before the berto fight he couldn't do an interview without mentioning ortiz.. Pretty sure that fight made him realize he'll get his ass kicked by him...

Pretty sure he's jealous ortiz has a larger following and his pretty boy good looks, not to mention he actually is Mexican... Meanwhile this wannabe idiot can't put together a coherent sentence is Spanish

Comment

Originally posted by .WaRCoTTo. View Post
            I just watched a Documentary titled "Victory" about a young Victor Ortiz, how he was adopted by Robert and Danny Garcia's father, and how he had to adapt to life in La Colonia, LA California. It also showed how he came up short against Anthony Peterson in the Olympic trials.

It shows a young Brandon Rios admiring Victor, saying Victor will be a World Champion and how he's a great fighter. It shows them on a couch laughing and living it up good, but somewhere along the lines, it's turned to bitter hate..I think these to guys have a real beef going and I believe that them two at 147 would be a WAR.

Think it'll ever actually happen?..
            no. arum won't let it happen. i myself would love to see that fight.

Comment

It will never happened !

Comment

Comment

Man that would be one hell of a promotion. If ever a promotion was worthy of 24/7, it's that one.

Comment

Originally posted by mgsooner View Post
                    Man that would be one hell of a promotion. If ever a promotion was worthy of 24/7, it's that one.
                    I would say Haye vs Chisora deserves a 24/7 in an equal capacity but given that it's not a US fight all they'll do is the UK "Countdown" version, or something similar to that. That's not bad but they could really take some lessons from 24/7, even though 24/7 is becoming repetitive and formulaic at least it knows how to hype a fight fairly decently.

Comment

Working...
                    X