No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Amir Khan Beats Down Overmatched Carlos Molina

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Amir Khan Beats Down Overmatched Carlos Molina

Los Angeles Sports Arena, Los Angeles, California - After suffering back to back defeats to Lamont Peterson and Danny Garcia, former junior welterweight champion Amir Khan (27-3, 19KOs) gave previously undefeated Carlos Molina (17-1, 7KOs) a beating over ten rounds. The fight was stopped before the eleventh by the referee.

[Click Here To Read More]

This was a necessary confidence booster for Khan under his new trainer. I'm glad to see he has his "mojo" back. Oh yeah I almost forgot: FIRST!

Comment

this fight doesn't mean anything. real boxing fans know this.

Comment

garcia next

the fraud will duck khan like the plague

the look on garcia and his dads face=priceless!!

Comment

khan hasnt changed he got caught a lot the difference was molina had no pop he trash talked at the end of the fight saying he would ko garcia lmaoooo dont worry khan after garcia ko judah your next and your career will be over so dont plan on any fights except the winner of garcia judah

Comment

Khan used Molinas face as a punching bag.

With that said, you could see some of Khan's old habits still creep up (dropping his hands, leaving his chin up), BUT you can also tell he has a more patient approach to the fight. He doesn't just rush in with fast combinations while sacrificing his defense. Hiring Virgil Hunter as his trainer has paid off in helping out his defense and game planning. Khan has crazy speed, if he can continue to work on his defense and ring generalship, he "could" go far.

Comment

Khan issues have never been with smaller/shorter fighters. Molina was going to get beat tonight no matter who Khan's trainer was, in fact had Roach been Khan's trainer for this fight then Molina probably would have been KO'ed before round 5. Either way it's a good confidence booster win for Khan but him and Virgil have a lot of work to do, not much difference technically..

The back and forth between Khan and Garcia was funny at the end. Garcia's the man now..

Comment

Khan-Garcia II

Comment

Angulo disappointed me a little, but this fight should do him some good; I think he really needed those ten rounds. Hopefully he doesn't look as rusty next time.

As for Silva, that kid showed a very good chin, he took some crazy hard punches from Angulo and didn't even buckle! I hope to see him on showtime again.

Amir khan is showing a great heavy bag workout right now. Molina needed to actually throw and not try to time with his feather fists. Khan hasn't improved under Virgil Hunter whatsoever, he will still get sparked by someone who actually fights back with a little bit of hunger.

Comment

What I learned about Khan is that he can beat the snot out of a California club fighter that has no power and was moving up in weight. Why was this fight even a main event on Showtime?

Comment

Working...
                    X