Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hearn: We have offered Kessler £2M to fight Froch.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hearn: We have offered Kessler £2M to fight Froch.

From livefight:

With 7 days remaining before the IBF's January 15th deadline, the next step in IBF super middleweight champion Carl Froch's career should be unveiled shortly.

The governing body has declared that Froch's handlers, Eddie Hearn and Matchroom Boxing, must have all negotiations completed for their mandatory defence against Adonis Stevenson.

Froch, who himself coveted a rematch with Mikkel Kessler, hoped to be squaring off against the Dane - but it would appear Team Kessler might have had cold feet, despite a lucrative deal being on the table.

Team Kessler still have time to accept the offer and then Hearn can apply for an exemption, which is acceptable by the IBF as they announced a unification will take precedence over a mandatory defence.

Hearn has been vocal about trying to make the Kessler fight, revealing he has made them a 50/50 split offer, straight down the middle.

"Considering we bring 70 per cent to the pot, it is a very generous offer," said Hearn. "It is a lot of money, but it is the only way we can get him here.

"It is up to him now. Does he come here for a re-match with Carl or take another easy defence in Copenhagen?

"I'm still hopeful of making the Kessler fight because he will be taking home £2million.

"Even if he loses it will not be the end of his career because we have offered him the chance of a third fight on neutral territory.

"But, if we do not hear from him, we may have to take Stevenson.

"It is a fight Canadian television and HBO are interested in, so there is a lot of money in it."

We already knew this, What i don't get is the Kessler side haven't said anything yet, I want to hear from both sides not just Froch side.

Comment

It will be such a letdown if Froch and Kessler don't fight. I thought this was done weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        We already knew this, What i don't get is the Kessler side haven't said anything yet, I want to hear from both sides not just Froch side.
        We didn't know that there was an offer of 2M pounds. Earlier it was believed to be dollars.

Neither did we know that the offer included a possible rubber match at a neutral location.

Comment

"Even if he loses it will not be the end of his career because we have offered him the chance of a third fight on neutral territory."
          Pretty cool option to offer (for him and the fans).

However, it's not a good sign that negotiations are going well when promoters go public with the details.

Comment

Does Kessler not think that 2 million pounds is enough?

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
              Pretty cool option to offer (for him and the fans).

However, it's not a good sign that negotiations are going well when promoters go public with the details.
              Yeah it sounds like a good offer. 50/50 split and a possible rubber match.

Where's the catch? Is it in Nottingham perhaps?

I reckon they are close to a deal though.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                Does Kessler not think that 2 million pounds is enough?
                How much is pounds in dollars?

Comment

2 million? Wow what the hell is he waiting for?

Comment

3.2 million dollars. (U.S)

Comment

Working...
                    X