Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has the effects of fighting all them years, effected Roy Jones jr?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has the effects of fighting all them years, effected Roy Jones jr?

I was watching some of the pre fight/post fight interviews Roy did for the Montel Griffin fight on youtube and I noticed how clear, lively and charismatic a younger Roy Jones jr was in his speeches. Then I watched a couple of his build up promotional speeches for the Roy Jones vs Calzaghe fight and the first thing that struck me is how Roy Jones just seems a shell of his former self, if you listen to him speaking he slurs his words and generally is slower in his speech, like it is a slight effort for him, the thinking process has slowed down. I was just wondering if the effects of all them 56 fights over the course of 18 or so years has had an effect on him mentally.

Don't get me wrong i am not trying to knock Roy Jones in anyway i think the bloke is a legend but it was just something i picked up on, he definitely doesn't sound the same as the young Roy once did, anyone else noticed this?

he doesnt slur his words... LOL

its his southern accent

go lookup james toney

your also not gonna sound like your 25 when your almost 40

Comment

actually i think roy talks just as fast and clear as ever. i never noticed any change in his talking ability.

Comment

remember other than 2003-2005, roy hasn't really been hit very much. (ecspecially compared to other fighters)

Comment

He never got hit enough to have his speech damaged.

Not like a Holyfield

Comment

I don't think so, I've always found it hard to understand Jones sometimes because of his accent and he talks pretty fast which doesn't help.

Comment

if hes not as lively and charismatic, did you ever think that maybe thats because hes 40 years old? i mean how many 40 years old go to a press conference and yell YA'LL ALREADY KNOWWWW THE CHAMP IS BACk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

after the trinidad fight was pretty lively. i think hes trying to be more mature at press conferences.

Comment

Originally posted by TRUTH View Post
                if hes not as lively and charismatic, did you ever think that maybe thats because hes 40 years old? i mean how many 40 years old go to a press conference and yell YA'LL ALREADY KNOWWWW THE CHAMP IS BACk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

lol maybe I'm the one with the problem then

I thought he just seemed a bit different to his old self, maybe it is the fact that 10 years have passed

Roy Jones vs calzaghe interview

Comment

Calzaghe has been fighting a long time aswell, would it effect him?.

Comment

Working...
                    X