No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frampton Aims To Impress With Eye on Leo Santa Cruz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Frampton Aims To Impress With Eye on Leo Santa Cruz

CARL FRAMPTON is aiming to thrill his way to a world title shot against WBC champ Leo Santa Cruz.

The Belfast super-bantamweight takes on durable Mexican Hugo Cazares tonight in a final eliminator for a shot at Santa Cruz later this year.

Frampton, 27, wants to become the first man to stop 36-year-old veteran Cazares since 1999 and promised fans he is out to win in style.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Frampton isn't going to fight Santa Cruz, he is just using his name to raise his profile in the states.. I highly doubt this fight comes off..

Comment

Frampton is the #1 contender to Leo and they both seem to want it. If there is enough money Leo might even go over to Northern Ireland to defend his belt.

Seems like a win-win for everybody.

Comment

"raise his profile in the states..."

I'm sorry, but you're an idiot.
        Last edited by MisterDeclanCor; 04-04-2014, 09:53 AM. Reason: wanker

Comment

If they can agree to Cruz vs Frampton in Belfast then the winner is BOXING. You'll bear witness to one of the greatest atmospheres of ANY sporting occasion in post war history. It's be special beyond belief.

I don't know if our American friends are quite aware of how special the Irish boxing fans are, it'll be an experience of the highest order and a fight of the ages. Best thing, i reckon Leo is man enough to want to be a part of it.

It can happen, it really can.

Comment

santa cruz going to ireland.......lol! he's with golden boy aka not happening. frampton going to usa......lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
              Frampton isn't going to fight Santa Cruz, he is just using his name to raise his profile in the states.. I highly doubt this fight comes off..
              So why did he give up his mandatory position with the IBF where he would have eventually forced Kiko Martinez to fight him? A man he's already knocked out no less.

He wins this fight and he's the WBC mandatory. Santa Cruz will have to fight him.

Comment

Why the heck would he go to the challenger's backyard? He is already building a nice following in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                  Why the heck would he go to the challenger's backyard? He is already building a nice following in the US.
                  A "nice following"? Frampton's following is already incredible. The fight would do the best business in Belfast.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                    MONEY.

Add that to fact he'll be one half of the biggest fight in Irish history.

Comment

Working...
                    X