Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Breathing, more valuable than running in Combat Sports?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breathing, more valuable than running in Combat Sports?

Control is Fun's new blog entry. What is your opinion?

http://controlisfun.wordpress.com/20...combat-sports/

Originally posted by BarryRobinson View Post
    Control is Fun's new blog entry. What is your opinion?

http://controlisfun.wordpress.com/20...combat-sports/
    Bookmarked.

Going to read after work , thanks

Comment

I'd suggest equal to not greater than.
      Alot of pilates is about breathing control as well as the movement.
      Most often nay say as the exercises look easy, but they are exercises you do against yourself.
      They require discipline.

Comment

posting for later

Comment

I hardly run very much. I run sprints with a chute, but its mainly breathing exercises. I see so little point in running and ab work

Comment

More valuable? Absolutely not, but it would complement it a good running/sprinting routine.

Although it would be hard to have a successful running/sprinting routine if one wasn't breathing correctly.

Comment

hhmmmm... "More valuable? Absolutely not, but it would complement it a good running/sprinting routine.

Although it would be hard to have a successful running/sprinting routine if one wasn't breathing correctly."

I agree as does the blog. "There's more to reading than word meets eye."

Comment

hhmmmm... "More valuable? Absolutely not, but it would complement it a good running/sprinting routine.

Although it would be hard to have a successful running/sprinting routine if one wasn't breathing correctly."

I agree as does the blog. "There's more to reading than word meets eye."
                I think knowing how to breathe and where true explosiveness comes from may be more valuable than running.

^How is that agreeing with my post?

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
                  I think knowing how to breathe and where true explosiveness comes from may be more valuable than running.

^How is that agreeing with my post?
                  "Although it would be hard to have a successful running/sprinting routine if one wasn't breathing correctly."

ok your right

Comment

"Although it would be hard to have a successful running/sprinting routine if one wasn't breathing correctly."

ok your right
                    I dont mean extensive breathing exercises, just the normal procedure as breathing in through your nose and out through your mouth. Or exhaling during exertion.

Again those exercises in the blog are beneficial in their own right, and all other breathing exercises for that matter, but I would not say they are more beneficial then running. They certainly complement running though.

Comment

Working...
                    X