No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: The Difference Between Chris Arreola and Everyone Else

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: The Difference Between Chris Arreola and Everyone Else

By Thomas Gerbasi - Knockdowns are part of the game in boxing. So too, unfortunately, is a broken nose. Chris Arreola experienced both in his April 27, 2013 bout against Bermane Stiverne. But there was more to it than that. Try a nose broken in five places by Stiverne.

In the third round.

“Honestly, every punch that I got hit with was the most painful punch ever,” said Arreola. “I could feel the bones in my nose grinding against each other. It was like a shooting pain that shot across my face. But inside my head, I had no quit in me.”

He could have quit. No one would have said a word. Arreola has proved his toughness before, and with his nose completely shattered, he most certainly earned a pass to call this one off and move on to the next fight. But he kept going.

Why?

“My heart, my balls, and honestly, in boxing, you can hit a ten run homerun in the last round,” said the Californian. “It’s the puncher’s chance. I believe in my punching power, I believe in my boxing skills, and I believe all you need is one punch to turn a fight around. I was looking for that one punch, but it never came. Bermane was smart enough to not stay in the pocket and get any shots.”

Stiverne won a lopsided unanimous 12 round decision over Arreola, apparently sending “The Nightmare” back to the end of the heavyweight contenders’ line. But in boxing, especially heavyweight boxing, there is always that ten run homerun, and if Arreola got past Seth Mitchell last September, he had the opportunity to punch his ticket back into the title picture. [Click Here To Read More]

Chris Arreola, Andy Ruiz, and Julio Cesar Chavez JR are all fat Mexican Heavyweights.

Comment

I've always liked Arreola. I hope he becomes the first Mexican-American heavyweight champ on May 10.
      Last edited by The Hammer; 04-02-2014, 11:33 AM.

Comment

I love this dude's honesty. Great article.

Good luck to him and hope he comes thru.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I love Mexican food, so I'll be rooting for Arreola.

Comment

Stiverne will beat arreola and then Wilder will beat stiverne.

Comment

Nice article. Arreola is my favourite HW. Hope he get's the belt.

Comment

Arreola is a tough man for sure, not afraid to show his emotions, like when he cried like a biatch after being beat down from vitali. Throw in a few F bombs while youre sobbing so you sound tough.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
                  I love Mexican food, so I'll be rooting for Arreola.

Arreola loves mexican food too.

Comment

Arreola indeed has always been his worse enemy. He's been fat, lazy, rumors of him drinking Coronas and going out when he's suppose to be training.

You can get away with that when you're fighting bums and tomato cans, but once you step up to elite lever competition things are different. He needs to look up the to K brothers and how they're never out of shape.

Comment

Working...
                    X