Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would the winner of the SMW Tournament be future HoF?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would the winner of the SMW Tournament be future HoF?

Would the winner be considered a future hall of famer IF he beats Lucian Bute and unifies the division? Or who he need to move up to LHW and do some damage there too to ensure their legacy?

E.g. Andre Ward, who I think will win it, would have wins over Abraham, Green, Dirrell or Kessler possibly, or Froch if somehow he got through. As well as Lucian Bute.

It'd be hard to say he wasnt.

I mean the Super Six field is ridiculous... To come out the other end unscathed seems impossible.

If Ward can do it, he'd certainly be on the fast track to the HOF. Very early to be saying he'll do that though.

IF Ward wins the tourney without losing, and then beats BUTE.... considering the guys in the HOF now, i dont think it'd be crazy to say he'd already be in at that point.

Comment

If the winner beats Lucian Bute then moves up to 175 and beats Dawson, I'd say they deserve to be a HOFer.

Comment

I think it depends on how they win the tournament. i.e. if they clearly and comprehensively beat their opponents (like Ward against Kessler) I'd say that's worth a shout, but if there are a couple of close fights or a home town gift then that kind of lessens the achievement.

Comment

Originally posted by Heebarican View Post
          If the winner beats Lucian Bute then moves up to 175 and beats Dawson, I'd say they deserve to be a HOFer.
          I agree, Dawson is top-dog at LHW, if he was beaten by the winner, then that would be crazy. The winner would definitely be P4P Number 1 after Pac and PBF retire.

Comment

Working...
          X