No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: CompuBox: Golovkin's Pressure Broke Stevens Down

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: CompuBox: Golovkin's Pressure Broke Stevens Down

GGG kept the pressure (37 of 99 punches thrown per round) on all night, working over Stevens' head and body behind an effective jab (he landed 14 of 52 per round-double the middleweight avg. ) Stevens had his moments following a crushing second round knockdown, landing 39% of his power shots. Stevens power shots were rarely thrown in combinations- he was too pre-occupied fending off the relentless GGG. GGG leads all active fighters with an avg. of 12 jabs landed per round.
    [Click Here To Read More]

If one carefully watch the punch stats, one can clearly see how Golovkin actually controlled the fight and carried Stevens from the 3rd to the 8th round.
    If one has doubts, one should review the video.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
      If one carefully watch the punch stats, one can clearly see how Golovkin actually controlled the fight and carried Stevens from the 3rd to the 8th round.
      If one has doubts, one should review the video.
      looking at the punch stats I came to the same conclusion. GGG didn't just rush in there like an idiot, he had a very controlled offense until the 6th once he had broken down Stevens. I think if GGG had worked the body and the hook to the liver earlier, I think he would've broken down Stevens earlier. Whenever GGG landed the liver punch, Stevens would back up against the ropes cause that shiiiit hurt. But kudos to Stevens for not pulling a DLH and falling on the floor and writing in pain

Comment

Originally posted by KickAzz View Post
        looking at the punch stats I came to the same conclusion. GGG didn't just rush in there like an idiot, he had a very controlled offense until the 6th once he had broken down Stevens. I think if GGG had worked the body and the hook to the liver earlier, I think he would've broken down Stevens earlier. Whenever GGG landed the liver punch, Stevens would back up against the ropes cause that shiiiit hurt. But kudos to Stevens for not pulling a DLH and falling on the floor and writing in pain
        Stevens tried to behave like a man into the ring, while Golovkin looked to benefit the most from a public sparring at the MSG and televised worldwide...

Comment

There's nothing you can do when a guy throws 144 punches in a round and lands half of them. Especially because stevens had such a tight guard and the punches were still getting through….that's accuracy right there...

Comment

lol at the idiots who gave Stevens more than one round.

Comment

I hope Stevens get's another shot on HBO with other fighters. He got heart. He'd kill Quillin or the other title holders imo. He did better than any of GGG's other opponents, and I wouldn't mind seeing him again.

Comment

Originally posted by Levity View Post
                lol at the idiots who gave Stevens more than one round.
                thought dan-cov gave that 2nd rd to stevens

Comment

Working...
                X