Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frank Bruno vs Corrie Sanders who wins and how?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frank Bruno vs Corrie Sanders who wins and how?

????????? .

Sanders wins, better boxer than Bruno (That ain't saying much!) and a decent punch.
    Sanders has some respectable wins on his record, including a two round blow out of Wladimir Klitschko, and Sanders was an aging fighter at this stage.
    Then the following year he managed to last until the 8th against big brother Vitali, Bruno at his best would have left the ring on a stretcher against either of the Ukrainian kids.

Sanders by KO before the seventh round.

Comment

Bruno gasses and gets stopped. Sanders had faster hands and perhaps a better chin as well. However, Bruno had a puncher's chance. He'd bully Sanders around.

Comment

Well i like Bruno to win, better boxer imo, hits as hard as Corrie too. Bruno KO Win

Then again i do have this horrible vision of Big Frank leading on the cards only to gas late and get knocked out!

Im sticking with Bruno for the win tho, not a great fighter by any means but better than people remember or give credit for

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
          Well i like Bruno to win, better boxer imo, hits as hard as Corrie too. Bruno KO Win

Then again i do have this horrible vision of Big Frank leading on the cards only to gas late and get knocked out!

Im sticking with Bruno for the win tho, not a great fighter by any means but better than people remember or give credit for
          As he did against 'Bonecrusher' (I was at that fight) and Sanders was a better boxer than Smith.

Comment

Originally posted by OLD JUD View Post
            As he did against 'Bonecrusher' (I was at that fight) and Sanders was a better boxer than Smith.
            Yeah pretty much!

I think Sanders being a better "boxer" than Smith is debatable tho. Not that Smith was a great boxer or anything just that Corrie is a sloppy lump of dung...

Comment

Originally posted by OLD JUD View Post
              I watched these and I though Bruno boxed pretty good against Smith til he gased out. Thought he boxed well against Witherspoon too til the same thing happened.

It is possible Sanders-Bruno would resemble Rahman-Sanders more than a "boxing match" anyways.

Comment

Frank had two problems - the wrong kind of fitness (physical rather than athletic) and occasional bouts of timidity. The former could have been solved quite easily had someone instructed him correctly.

Bruno was a far better fighter than many give credit. There isn't a heavyweight in the game right now who wouldn't trade their jab for his, which was an absolute redwood. Lennox Lewis had no answer to it until Bruno began to tire. Moreover, he was unquestionably one of the hardest hitting heavyweights of the last twenty years. He could really crumple an opponent.

Against Witherspoon & Smith I'm pretty sure he was ahead on the cards until he gassed (the final round for the latter, I think). With nothing more than a bit more attention paid to his fitness both those names would probably be marked as Ws. A considerable improvement to his resume.

The Tyson myth-monster had Frank beat before he set foot in the ring for their second encounter. But he put up a decent show in their opening bout. Far, far better than the much-vaunted Spinks and Berbick. He even hurt Mike with a clubbing right but he lacked the killer instinct to press home the advantage.

Given his success against Bonecrusher and Witherspoon (especially) I hardly think Sanders would have him hiding beneath the bed-clothes.

Comment

My best bet would be this not going the distance. Bruno was a better all around fighter, but the way they matchup I think Corrie walks away with the KO win.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                    My best bet would be this not going the distance. Bruno was a better all around fighter, but the way they matchup I think Corrie walks away with the KO win.
                    Possibly a T-KO. But not a KO. Frank had a very good chin and I doubt anyone could starch him with one punch. Unfortunately (and this was a problem he shared with Nigel Benn), his chin tended to degenerate proportionally to his stamina. Which meant that whilst it was nigh-on impossible to stop him dead, persistent pressure would ultimately exhaust him.

Comment

Working...
                    X