No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: R. Mayweather: Peterson Will Win, He Got Khan's Number

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: R. Mayweather: Peterson Will Win, He Got Khan's Number

Former champion Amir Khan has been taking some licks ever since his upset loss to Lamont Peterson last weekend in Washington, D.C.

[Click Here To Read More]

I def wanna see this rematch...I want Peterson to hit Khan so hard with a left hook to the body that blood will trickle down his shorts.

Comment

i have to agree, peterson will be a problem in the rematch as well. especially considering roach's fighters trouble when it comes to making adjustments.
      have trouble beating a guy? well then HIT HARDER!
      khan really needs a new trainer imo.

Comment

Hoover Street

I remember when the Black Mamba worked out at the Hoover Street Gym in L.A. during the late 70's and early 80's. The Mamba could bang with the best of them.

All the good west fighters worked out at Hoover Street at one time. Guys like Monroe Brooks, Bruce Curry, and David Love set the groundwork. The Mamba wound spar with all of them -- regardless of weight -- because there was so much respect amongst fighters back then.

I know everybody remembers the Olympic Auditorium in L.A., but does anybody remember the "San Diego Coliseum"? Great Boxing back then.

Comment

when somebody beats you. their confidence is even greater in the rematch.its all mental. if khan doesnt make changes.he may get knocked out.and mayweather did see a doctor for his ribs after the peterson sparring.he wore a electronic flap stimulator while training for the marquez fight.

Comment

Peterson could do with a strength and conditioning coach. If he hit harder the Khan fight would have been really one sided. I think Peterson knows how to fight Khan and I don't think Khan knows how to fight him.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Mongo View Post
              Peterson could do with a strength and conditioning coach. If he hit harder the Khan fight would have been really one sided. I think Peterson knows how to fight Khan and I don't think Khan knows how to fight him.
              peterson is a body puncher and khan is a headhunter. these guys styles are made to trouble each other. if you look their fight everytime khan goes after peterson's head he gets a return to his torso. add to that khan's nonexistant inside fighting technique and you have a problem.

Comment

Peterson needs to get a little quicker and find a way to back off some then slowly lean with a furry of punches after uppercutting khan to get that KO!

Comment

It's not so much that Peterson has Khan's number as Khan's performance was just so woefully bad he would have lost to most fighters at 140 that night. If they have a rematch, i seriously doubt Khan would spend so much time running backwards like he did in that fight. **** was embarassing!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyMcNulty View Post
                    If they have a rematch, i seriously doubt Khan would spend so much time running backwards like he did in that fight. **** was embarassing!
                    the only other alternative to running and pushing,is clinching and inside fighting. that's why there might be no point making an immediate rematch.

Comment

Working...
                    X