whats the best way to get in shape in ur opinion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats the best way to get in shape in ur opinion

what has worked for u?

personally. i would say look up H.I.I.T on rossboxing.com. i have learned a mountain of stuff from that site over the years.

the easiest way is to grab yourself a speed rope and use it daily. 20 to 30 minutes per day should do wonders for somebody who isn't in the best of shape.

Comment

it depends what you're trying to do.

i played hockey for a long time, and the best shape i've ever been in was during the middle of a season

in my opinion, nothing comes close to competitive sports to get you in well rounded shape. i was at my fastest, very strong, and i could literally go all day. i was also 18 years old, and you're able to train much harder without breaking down when you are that age.

as an adult?

whatever you can manage. it's honestly impossible to be in top form if you work 40-50 hours a week. you don't have the time to rest, you can't practice the same amount of dedication with what you eat. you're invariably a weekend warrior.

Comment

Shagging...

Comment

If you are not an athletical kind of man, just walking. Walking burns more weight than many think. Walk for 8 miles a day.

Comment

Since you're asking a boxing forum....boxing.

Running, interval training, hi intensity, little rest period. Add good diet and you will get in shape.

Comment

There is a poster here named Mathed who has some good Tabata workouts. Just find one of his posts and click on his Bets page.

They are short routines but intense and will whip you into shape quickly.

Comment

Eliminate ALL breads, dairy, and meats other than turkey or chicken. (meats eaten twice a week) Eat fruits, nuts, veggies (raw as much as possible) and atleast two quarts of water a day after one week use a laxitive and cleanse your system out. If your over 40 yrs old get a colonoscopy to secure your health ststus and use their flush system to clean yourself out.
                Start walking atleast a mile a day increasing the time to complete every day!
                If your able to exercise do sit ups, pushups, chinups and any other "easy" exercise to get you going!! start out doing 15 a day and increase 5 more ever day until your up to 150!! Replace the walk with a jog after 2 weeks and increase the distance using 1/8th of a mile every other day!

Point is start SLOW, use your own body weight for strength and indurance and keep adding as you go along!! It will help after a month to pick a sport to use to increase yor fitness, Boxing is an excellant endeavor! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                  If your able to exercise do sit ups, pushups, chinups and any other "easy" exercise to get you going!! start out doing 15 a day and increase 5 more ever day until your up to 150!!
                  You're saying he should work up to 150 chinups?

Comment

Yeah, 5 sets of.................6 sets of............whatever he could do! Only you could to them in a row, right? Ray hahaha

Comment

Working...
                    X