Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's time to get rid of Andy Reid. He's a good coach but he's all wrong for The Eagle

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's time to get rid of Andy Reid. He's a good coach but he's all wrong for The Eagle

The Eagles. I don't think anyone in Philadelphia cares about Andy Reid's most winning percentage out of any coach in the nfl. We want a ****ing super bowl win. And he has been coach of The Eagles for how long now? Over 10 years I believe? It's time for a change. Andy Reid ****ed up making that one mexican guy the defensive coordinator. Whats that guys name anyways?

Good coach, but not right for The Eagles organization. It's time for a change, he had his turn as coach as The Eagles and had a long run but it wasn't great enough to win that big game. He should have led The Eagles to a super bowl victory against The Patriots but failed to do so. And yes I know that The Patriots are a great team but you can't deny the fact that game was a very winnable game for The Eagles.
    Last edited by uoykcuf; 10-09-2011, 08:33 PM.

Honestly, their system works for and works against them. Philly has always been one of these teams that release their players after a certiain amount of time and start over with fresh new ones. When they had Westbrook, McNabb and Dawkins, they were able to afford doing this. Now that those players are gone, starting this trend with a very young O-Line and inexperienced players in the front 7, is a really risky move. Reid doesn't seem able to get these players to get up to speed whether it's the new free agents or offensive linemen that need to protect vick.

But let's be real here. Vick is not what McNabb was to that franchise. McCoy is really being wasted because he has the same amount of skills that Westbrook has, but they seem to get away from him from time to time. The WRs are explosive, but they aren't the T.O type of receivers that can get you those tough yards in the middle. Hell, even Brent Celek is slacking where LJ Smith shined for a couple of seasons. They just look horrible and the NFL season is too short to wait around and see them hit mid-season form

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
      Honestly, their system works for and works against them. Philly has always been one of these teams that release their players after a certiain amount of time and start over with fresh new ones. When they had Westbrook, McNabb and Dawkins, they were able to afford doing this. Now that those players are gone, starting this trend with a very young O-Line and inexperienced players in the front 7, is a really risky move. Reid doesn't seem able to get these players to get up to speed whether it's the new free agents or offensive linemen that need to protect vick.

But let's be real here. Vick is not what McNabb was to that franchise. McCoy is really being wasted because he has the same amount of skills that Westbrook has, but they seem to get away from him from time to time. The WRs are explosive, but they aren't the T.O type of receivers that can get you those tough yards in the middle. Hell, even Brent Celek is slacking where LJ Smith shined for a couple of seasons. They just look horrible and the NFL season is too short to wait around and see them hit mid-season form
      Great post, exactly the Eagles problems.

As for McCoy though I think he is better then Westbrook. Westbrook was good at screens and ok at running but McCoy is great at both.

Comment

lol. I remember those spots you mentioned hhs, being trouble spots post-2004.

TO got ran out, he was the scapegoat(he was a poison though).
        Dawkins was supposedly old and the defense was aging. Another scapegoat.
        LJ Smith was supposedly too slow and not the same after his injury. Scapegoat.
        McNabb was a scapegoat for 2 yrs before being traded. Despite honestly, crap time management(wasted timeouts) and ***** goalline calls. Scapegoat.
        Westbrook was seen as his legs being gone. Scapegoat.

There are no more scapegoats with this team. The only thing still present is Andy Reid.

I'm not saying he needs to be fired but knowing Philly. Sooner or later the ***** will hit the fan if losses keep racking up. Seeing how there are no more scapegoats. Just look at Reid's post-game conferences. He doesn't say anything because there is nowhere to point the blame besides himself. He can't go "He didn't know about over times." anymore. It's not an option.

He dumped everyone, he made the choice of keeping Vick. He picked the young o-line. He neglected the LBs and Safety positions. Post-Dawkins everyone knew our safeties was subpar. He neglected it. He chose to pick up Asomugha.

It's all on him this time. Sure it's the players fault for not preforming as well but there really isn't any place to point the blame besides Reid.

Comment

Originally posted by LegendOfLink View Post
          The Eagles. I don't think anyone in Philadelphia cares about Andy Reid's most winning percentage out of any coach in the nfl. We want a ****ing super bowl win. And he has been coach of The Eagles for how long now? Over 10 years I believe? It's time for a change. Andy Reid ****ed up making that one mexican guy the defensive coordinator. Whats that guys name anyways?

Good coach, but not right for The Eagles organization. It's time for a change, he had his turn as coach as The Eagles and had a long run but it wasn't great enough to win that big game. He should have led The Eagles to a super bowl victory against The Patriots but failed to do so. And yes I know that The Patriots are a great team but you can't deny the fact that game was a very winnable game for The Eagles.
          Don't panic yet. It's too early to fire Andy Reid, the division is still winnable. The defense has not gelled at all. Juan Castillo is pretty inexperienced at the job, so other teams have been raping them. The linebacker core is young as well, they can't stop the ground and pound with that big hole. Nnamdi Asomugha has not lived up to the hype, he's getting beat by backup receivers.

The offense is fine and explosive, as long as Vick remains healthy. The offensive line just needs to protect him better.

They fix the defense and they'll be in contention. Wait until the end of the season, the NFC East is an open division.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
            Great post, exactly the Eagles problems.

As for McCoy though I think he is better then Westbrook. Westbrook was good at screens and ok at running but McCoy is great at both.
            He might be. I loved watching Westbrook play, even against my Cowboys cause he was a poor man's LT/Marshall Faulk until he got his just due. McCoy's in the same mold and yet again, Reid for whatever reason, goes away from duke.

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
            lol. I remember those spots you mentioned hhs, being trouble spots post-2004.

TO got ran out, he was the scapegoat(he was a poison though).
            Dawkins was supposedly old and the defense was aging. Another scapegoat.
            LJ Smith was supposedly too slow and not the same after his injury. Scapegoat.
            McNabb was a scapegoat for 2 yrs before being traded. Despite honestly, crap time management(wasted timeouts) and ***** goalline calls. Scapegoat.
            Westbrook was seen as his legs being gone. Scapegoat.

There are no more scapegoats with this team. The only thing still present is Andy Reid.

I'm not saying he needs to be fired but knowing Philly. Sooner or later the ***** will hit the fan if losses keep racking up. Seeing how there are no more scapegoats. Just look at Reid's post-game conferences. He doesn't say anything because there is nowhere to point the blame besides himself. He can't go "He didn't know about over times." anymore. It's not an option.

He dumped everyone, he made the choice of keeping Vick. He picked the young o-line. He neglected the LBs and Safety positions. Post-Dawkins everyone knew our safeties was subpar. He neglected it. He chose to pick up Asomugha.

It's all on him this time. Sure it's the players fault for not preforming as well but there really isn't any place to point the blame besides Reid.
            Yeah, I remember them doing that to Jeremiah Trotter and the solid CBs they had during that run as well. Then they bring him back once he really is too old. You're right about the scapegoats, this season they really have no one but I guess they could use the lack of off-season training, D. Jax's holdout and Vick's lack of protection as possible excuses. Who knows. They really don't look good at all. Nnamdi's getting burnt, missing tackles and to be honest, they have problems all over the field.

The thing with Aso always had me smh because I felt they didn't really need him, tbh. I loved the trade for Kolb. I felt like they got the best part of that deal, but jesus why in the hell would you go after Aso for?

Either way, I love it. I'm a Cowboys fan and love seeing a team with more problems than romo for a change.

Comment

Not me, before all the fat bald headed jokes. But I agree with this guy.

Comment

It was good to see the egales get beat again, i love it

Comment

Andy Reid has always been massively overrated. I don't see how anyone denies this.

Comment

Working...
                  X