Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kevin Mitchell-Marco A. Barrera in Play For Haye-Chisora?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kevin Mitchell-Marco A. Barrera in Play For Haye-Chisora?

Sources indicate that London's Kevin Mitchell could be in line to face Mexican legend Marco Antonio Barrera on the undercard of David Haye versus Dereck Chisora at Upton Park on July 14. The representatives of both boxers are rumoured to be negotiating a meeting between Mitchell, 33-1 (24), and the three weight world champion, who holds a 67-7 (44) record. [Click Here To Read More]

What the fuk happened to Burns?

Comment

Why doesn't this guy fight Ricky Burns?????????

Was looking forward to that fight. 2 Top 10 LW's and UK's top 2 LW's fighting. Would have been a good fight.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
        Why doesn't this guy fight Ricky Burns?????????

Was looking forward to that fight. 2 Top 10 LW's and UK's top 2 LW's fighting. Would have been a good fight.
        He wanted the Burns fight. He was in the newspaper the other week saying it was a done deal.

I heard nothing from Burns' side though. I think they don't want the fight. Perhaps because they're worried about repercussions from being on the Haye-Chisora bill. Thats all I can think of?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          He wanted the Burns fight. He was in the newspaper the other week saying it was a done deal.

I heard nothing from Burns' side though. I think they don't want the fight. Perhaps because they're worried about repercussions from being on the Haye-Chisora bill. Thats all I can think of?
          Maybe Burns is going to pull another "End negotiations, vacate title, and move up in weight" like he did last year. I remember he and Broner were reumored to be fighting for Burns title, and Burns straight up vacated and moved to LW, forcing Broner to fight some crap fight for a vacant title.

I don't want to see Barrera ever again.

Comment

What happened to Mitchell calling out Rios and Burns?

Comment

you can bet the reason, is because Burns doenst want to ibe involved with the show and loose his licensewith his BBBC.
              Hes right as well..
              they are all running a mile from Warren. Same craic with Bellew yesterday saying he wants away, and De Gale, few months ago. Why should they ruin their careers so he can make a fortune on this fight..even worse, as a support bout!

Comment

War Barrera!

Comment

Surprised Barrera would fight in England on a Warren card after that BS in the Khan fight.

Comment

ow3d,

Agree entirely. It was the most dodgy, corrupt officiating Ive seen so im sure Barrera would have learnt his lesson unless he is just coming over for the payday regardless.
                    I doubt it because he is a proud man he just has that boxing bug and cant let it go.

If he accepts this fight Ill be going to see the living legend in London, allbeit a faded legend but it will be our last chance to see An ATG on these shores for a while.

Comment

Working...
                    X