No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cotto May Bring in Glen Tapia For Margarito Camp

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Cotto May Bring in Glen Tapia For Margarito Camp

It was roughly a year ago that Passaic, New Jersey’s Glen Tapia garnered some valuable notoriety as a chief sparring for Filipino icon Manny Pacquiao, who was then getting ready for an assignment against the always-rugged Antonio Margarito. An undefeated junior middleweight prospect with a 7-0 (5) record at the time, Tapia held himself well while going heads up with Pacquiao in his native Philippines, impressing Top Rank CEO Bob Arum enough for him to offer a co-promotional contract for his future services.

[Click Here To Read More]

If Cotto clinches, has good food work and works on his stamina; he'll definitely win. Cotto also has to work on the body. Cotto got this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Machingo69 View Post
      If Cotto clinches, has good food work and works on his stamina; he'll definitely win. Cotto also has to work on the body. Cotto got this fight.
      IMO i think he needs to go out and blitz the **** outta Marg kinda like Mosley did, but i do agree that he has to work on his stamina and clinching and go to the body aka land the "saca peos"

Comment

Cotto didn't throw to many body shots in the first fight. If he works his conditioning and jabs to the body of Margarito he'll take alot of the sting out of Margs punches. Mosley put that jab in the center of Margs chest and then went upstairs to close the show. Mosley laid a blue print on how to defeat Margarito and if Cotto follows it up closely I don't see why he can't do the same thing.

Comment

He needs to bring ME in for real. Here are the keys to suceess:

- Move, move and cotinue moving.
          - Jab on the move.
          - Force fight in the center of the ring, don't let him walk you down to the ropes.
          - Exchange on the move.
          - Carefully handpick exchanges.
          - Attack the eye. Hit it, test it, continue hitting it. This could be a bigger factor than people are expecting. Let him know you will continue damagin the health of that orbital bone.
          - Attack body, I cannot stress this enough. Go to the body. Look at the mosley fight.

I am positive that if Cotto keeps these things in mind he will finish the fight with enough stamina and leverage to pull out a comfortable UD. Even finish the fight in good shape.

Comment

Tapia is tall he will be a good bag for cotto just watch the jaw tapia you dont want wires again lol

Comment

lol, tapia shitted on cotto saying marg took his heart, but he still expects cotto to use him for sparring. usually sparring partners praise the other guy, but tapia just speaks what's on his mind.

Comment

Originally posted by retnuocllup View Post
                lol, tapia shitted on cotto saying marg took his heart, but he still expects cotto to use him for sparring. usually sparring partners praise the other guy, but tapia just speaks what's on his mind.
                I think Cotto should read this, and use it as encouragement during camp!

Comment

good

we will have pretty damn good sparring as well

Comment

Originally posted by Bombs View Post
                    He needs to bring ME in for real. Here are the keys to suceess:

- Move, move and cotinue moving.
                    - Jab on the move.
                    - Force fight in the center of the ring, don't let him walk you down to the ropes.
                    - Exchange on the move.
                    - Carefully handpick exchanges.
                    - Attack the eye. Hit it, test it, continue hitting it. This could be a bigger factor than people are expecting. Let him know you will continue damagin the health of that orbital bone.
                    -
                    Attack body, I cannot stress this enough. Go to the body. Look at the mosley fight.

I am positive that if Cotto keeps these things in mind he will finish the fight with enough stamina and leverage to pull out a comfortable UD. Even finish the fight in good shape.

Yep, get Margo worried about his eye by constantly jabbing it with that power jab, body shots, stay away from the ropes, fight smart, and Cotto's got a very good chance, given the animosity that must be fueling him to win this fight. Good post, man.

Comment

Working...
                    X