Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto-Antonio Margarito II: Pre-Fight Report Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto-Antonio Margarito II: Pre-Fight Report Card

By Cliff Rold - It’s boxing as bloodsport, rich with the fire of vendetta and the quest for redemption. Fights like this are why boxing still is a writer’s sport, why Hollywood will never stop calling. In what will surely be the cauldron of Madison Square Garden on Saturday, Mexico versus Puerto Rico resumes anew.

And for many of the fans in New York, the black hats and white hats are clear as day for this one. Antonio Margarito was caught trying to put something illicit into his wraps prior to his fight with Shane Mosley. For Miguel Cotto and his supporters, the evidence was in. Cotto, undefeated prior to his first meeting with Margarito, was a victim of foul play.

Margarito says no.

Cotto must win to erase the stain. The same is true for Margarito. Both men are likely to beat the hell out of each other before the night is over. It’s Christmas come early. [Click Here To Read More]

Gutsy call Cliff

I'll be there openly cheering for this prediction to be an incorrect one

Comment

Sorry but cotto will win by stoppage so add a loss to.cheato today

Comment

Good pick.. The same result as the first fight

Comment

I agree with the prediction.

Comment

the same pick I've had since day one, even though i'm pulling for cotto.

fact is, i just don't see how miguel can hurt him. even mayorga had cotto stunned a couple of times....margarito is a very tough style for cotto...steward said as much.

Comment

ROLDIE! you copied me with the analysis of cotto "transitioning between offense and defense"! that has been my bread nad butter for a while! lol. . . ill take full credi, even without the citation! thank you, thank you!

but i think the weight benefits cotto more. . . he will have more stamina and better punch resistance. . . margarito's shots are disgustingly slower. . . cotto gets 50 miles to the gallon this time, en route to a 116-112 victory. . .

Comment

I think some of you might be forgetting an important fact: Cotto is a cerebral fighter. He is going to make adjustments for this fight, probably small ones, but they'll be there. Margarito will come with the same approach he always has.

Comment

I hope beings from other planets witness an explosive onslaught against two of man-kinds fiercest warriors on Dec. 3 (Cotto vs Margarito II).

Comment

Go Miguel Cotto

Comment

Working...
                    X