Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your memories of JOSE LUIS LOPEZ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are your memories of JOSE LUIS LOPEZ?

the one who drew with a prime Quartey. HOw far could he have gone and how would he have fared in today's WW/JMW division?

If only he took his career serious. Lead feet but fast hands, very good power and a granite chin. Oscar De La Hoya described him as the one welter he feared. He was avoided for a very long time and nearly dethroned Quartey. But he just never took the sport serious.

Comment

Lopez was a dangerous puncher who didn't train hard enough and wasted his potential. He wouldn't beat the top welters now, but you can be sure he would get their respect inside the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by FINITO View Post
        the one who drew with a prime Quartey. HOw far could he have gone and how would he have fared in today's WW/JMW division?

BTW, the draw with Quartey was a joke. Ike clearly dominated in nine of the rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
          BTW, the draw with Quartey was a joke. Ike clearly dominated in nine of the rounds.
          Yea, seriously. You could even make an argument he won the 12th. Hell, you could even argue that he won the second (the flash KD where his glove touched the mat).

Comment

Weed and Surfing is not a good hobby for professional fighter.

Victor Ortiz take note.

Maestrito dominated Yori boy in such a way that the hype was through the roof, his fight against James Page had a crazy FOTY round but I still think Page deserved the decision. He is one of those fighters with enourmous potential but didn't have the desire and passion to make anything of himself, he fought last month and quit I think. I'm not really sure I didn't see the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post

I agree. I was watching some of his fights last night and he had such raw potential. Just imagining how good he could have been had he taken his craft more seriously..... Im not surprised that oscar and tito never fought him.

Comment

His Jaw has to be one of the best I've ever seen.

Comment

he would deff destroy Berto

Comment

I don't think that fight was a draw.

Judah, Hamed...same ****.

Comment

Working...
                    X