Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre Ward to Mikkel Kessler: I thought we had unfinished business?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andre Ward to Mikkel Kessler: I thought we had unfinished business?

The winner of Showtimes prestigerous Super Six World Boxing classic tournament WBA and WBC champion Andre Ward is opening up a return fight against former 3 time champion Mikkel Kessler Danish news agency ritzau writes.

After the dane and his promotor Kalle Sauerland has said that the Danish star might move up to light heavyweight for his next fight, Andre Ward tweeted: Why is Kessler talking about fighting at 175lb, when he said we had "unfinished business." at the moment I don't have an opponent!!

Andre Ward last fought in the Supersix final in December where he decisioned Carl Froch. Mikkel Kessler was one of the original members of the tournament where he lost to Ward in Oakland and subsequently defeated Froch in a thriller in Herning, Denmark. Following the Froch fight, Kessler had to withdraw from the tournament with a serious eyeinjury.

Ward himself is currently recovering from a broken hand.

Kessler is slated to return on May 19 at Parken Stadium in Copenhagen against Allan Green.

Andre Ward better not turn into some joke ducker. He needs to fight Bute or a Dirrell.

Comment

Lol Ward looking for an easy fight.

What a punk

Comment

well some people was b!tching about the first fight, so I guess Ward wants to dominate him in a more impressive fashion I guess

Kessler team and promoter probably talked him out of pursing it...KESSLER CAN'T BEAT WARD! They know it and deep down him and his fans know it, it just hurts for them to admit it...Kessler moving on is the right thing to do!

Comment

Originally posted by KnockUTheFukOut View Post
          well some people was b!tching about the first fight, so I guess Ward wants to dominate him in a more impressive fashion I guess

Kessler team and promoter probably talked him out of pursing it...KESSLER CAN'T BEAT WARD! They know it and deep down him and his fans know it, it just hurts for them to admit it...Kessler moving on is the right thing to do!
          I'm Well aware that I'm in a minority, but I Think Kessler Can win with fair officiating.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
            I'm Well aware that I'm in a minority, but I Think Kessler Can win with fair officiating.
            I give him a slight chance to win with fair officiating.

Comment

Damn, I actually wanted to see a rematch. I don't think Kessler would have won, but it still could have been a good fight. Ah well, If Ward fights Dirrell and Bute, then I guess that works too.

Comment

The old Kessler could've maybe been competitive, at this stage there is no need what so ever for this fight to happen.

Like you guys say, let's hope that Andre doesn't start fighting easy opponents. I just started to like him a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Left2theliver View Post
                  Damn, I actually wanted to see a rematch. I don't think Kessler would have won, but it still could have been a good fight. Ah well, If Ward fights Dirrell and Bute, then I guess that works too.
                  I'm thinking the rematch is possible if Kessler beats Green.

Comment

Why the fuk would Ward want to fight Kessler again? What a joke.

Comment

Working...
                    X